T2 Neuropathy

ExChocoholic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude, loud people
I've booked GP appointment but I am wondering if meds can help. I'm already in great pain as I wait for hip replacement, now added to that my mild neuropathy has started raging in warm weather. My feet and shins feel like there should be flames coming off then and last night in bed were so bad I had to get up several times as they felt dead.

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I found nothing to be very much help. Naproxen (1000mg/day) did take the edge off some of the worst of the pain, but it wsn't reliably effective.

The only thing that's really had an impact for me was reducing my blood glucose. My neuropathy symptoms started at an HbA1c level around 44, got steadily worse as my BG rose (no-one told me I had rising blood glucose levels) and went when I got back to normal levels.

I have an occasional mild residual tingle which may well be permanent, but it's not pain.

ExChocoholic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude, loud people
Strangely my BS are mostly in range. I used to get really high readings so disappointed that my new lows are not helping my troubled feet and legs.

ExChocoholic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude, loud people
I am now suspecting UTI might cause neuropathy as I have kidney disease and don't always recognise UTI.