Approved T2D research study - Exploring people’s experiences of online support forums on self-management

Maja_UofS

RESEARCH HAS BEEN APPROVED BY DCUK

Hi all,

My name is Maja and I am a Health Psychology masters student at the University of Stirling.

I am conducting an interview study to explore how online support forums influence self-management and interactions with healthcare professionals for those living with type 2 diabetes.

The study will involve participating in an online group or individual interview. The interview should last no longer than 90 minutes for groups, or 60 minutes for individual interviews, and I will ask you about your experiences of using online support forums for self-managing your T2D along with how it has impacted your interactions with healthcare professionals.

To take part in this research you must have a diagnosis of type 2 diabetes, live in the UK, use online support forums either currently on in the past and also be able to speak, read and understand English.

This study is looking to recruit participants between May and July 2022.

In thanks for your participation in this study, The University of Stirling will be pleased to offer you a £15 voucher as compensation for your time.

The ethical approaches of this project have been approved through the University of Stirling General University Ethics Panel.

To register your interest or receive more information, please click on this link: https://stirlingpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_es2lFqtkKmaX6aq

If you have any questions or would like more information, please email me at: [email protected]

Many thanks,

Maja
MSc Student
University of Stirling

Attachments

• A5391E23-4981-47E9-A9D5-A492395D8A02.jpeg
    A5391E23-4981-47E9-A9D5-A492395D8A02.jpeg
    148.7 KB · Views: 160
Last edited by a moderator:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello, Maja

I have looked at your participants info sheet / questionnaire. I feel there is a missed category in the How does your diabetes affect your daily life section. There is no option to for no effect.

Maja_UofS

Hello, Maja

I have looked at your participants info sheet / questionnaire. I feel there is a missed category in the How does your diabetes affect your daily life section. There is no option to for no effect.
Hi Pipp,

Many thanks for brining that to my attention, I will make the change accordingly.

Your feedback is very much appreciated!

Reactions: Hopeful34 and Pipp

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I took part in this today.
Very interesting and worthwhile study. I also get a shopping voucher reward for taking part.
Anyone thinking about it needs to hurry. This will not be available for much longer.

Reactions: Antje77

Maja_UofS

I took part in this today.
Very interesting and worthwhile study. I also get a shopping voucher reward for taking part.
Anyone thinking about it needs to hurry. This will not be available for much longer.
Many thanks @Pipp it was a pleasure to talk to you!

Reactions: Pipp

Maja_UofS

Looking for two more participants to take part in the study, if you’re interested, please sign up using the link above!