Tablets to insulin

Em55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello,
has anyone gone from type 2 with tablets to needing insulin?
Just wondered about experiences with this transition , any issues/hints/tips ?
thanks.

mouseee

What are you worrying about in particular? There will be plenty of people who have made that change along with advice soon!

Em55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What are you worrying about in particular? There will be plenty of people who have made that change along with advice soon!
Just Very anxious about it all, especially as my referral to hospital clinic is going through now from GP surgery And They’ve Just requested more bloods. Currently have been unable to keep blood sugars at desired numbers pre meals and lost lots of weight as I’ve been eating low carb foods to try keep thsoe levels down. So I’m a bit of a mystery. On diagnosis last June the nurse did query type 1.5. Just worrying about it all ; what they‘ll find, What they’ll say, what I’ve got to do.

Louise12216

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I have made that journey from tablets to insulin. First of all through the DSN at my GP surgery, and then when things still weren’t going right I had a referral to the hospital. Try not to worry about the appointment, I was very down about things when I went and thought they would just dismiss me and my stresses about everything out of hand. But they did the opposite, they understood me, they understood my worries and the work I had put in to trying to control my numbers which were out of hand no matter what I seemed to do. I have an amazing DSN and the whole DSN team are fab and so caring they are there for me for any questions I have. I hope you get the same experience and support as well.