Tattoos - type 1 - yay or nay

LB1995

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Son was diagnosed at the start of the year.... Wants a tattoo..... Yes or no? Drs won't commit to a definite answer.... HELP! Thanks

david6026

Iv had 4 tattoos done from being diabetic as long as he keeps it clean and his bloods good the whole time it's healing... Also make sure he takes a chocolate bar or lucozade on the day ... He will be grand

LB1995

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thanks David, most people I talk to have said pretty much the same thing, and I'll be with him the entire time, just seems odd that I can't get a definitive answer from "professionals" which is what my artist is after... Frustrating

david6026

When I asked my consultant about tattoos she looked at me like I had 10 heads and said oooooo no don't want to get them things on your body even if ya didn't have Diabeties but I just put that down to her personal take on tattoos lol but yeah it's very frustrating but asking as he keeps it clean and bloods good he will be grand.... I'm getting another add on to my chest piece in few weeks can't wait lol lol

Reactions: 2 people

LB1995

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
My dr was the same! Annoys me, so judgemental!! I'm like you, I've got a full day sitting on Thursday, this will be number 16 & start of a sleeve.... Seriously Can't imagine why he wants 1.... Pmsl

david6026

I know they addictive lol my last one was 4 hour sitting and I was fine until the last 10 min then started feeling low so had to stop him to check my bloods and I was at 3.8 lol so I downed full bottle lucozade lol

LB1995

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I'll make sure I take plenty of things with me for him & get him to check regularly. Hopefully he will be fine

david6026

My mates son got one for his 18th bday and fainted half way through it and he's not even diabetic lol lol

LB1995

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
My daughters first, at 18, she fainted after 10 mins..... Held her breath because she didn't want to jog him!!

M

mrspuddleduck

I paid for my sons first tattoo, he thought I was a really cool mum. In reality it meant I could check that he was using a reputable, safe tattooist. Happy boy, happy mummy, beautiful artwork!! :):):). Sue xxx