Test meters <> Did you know? ? ?

Paul520785

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have recently been trying a different blood test meter called MICRODOT which is manufactured in the UK by Cambridge Sensors Ltd. As always with something new, I have compared the results and the lancets to other meters and and find that the results co-incide with the meters used as a reference.

I was surprised to learn thst this is the only UK manufacturer of Blood Glucose test meters at the moment. A little research also indicated the the unit running cost is much lower then the others to both the NHS and private customers. The thought that my taxes were paying for workers based outside the UK to make the items I use just to say alive has become more than annoying!

I would give a definite recomendation to Type 2 (s) who are experiencing difficulty when asking for test meter and strip prescriptions - at about half the price of some of the others (Test Strips £13.50 V's £26.00) this has got to worth considering.

The contact details are http://www.microdot.biz or 01480 482920 AND ask your surgery for information
If you like what you find the please post your comments to help others.

Paul Type 1 (for 54 years so this must mean that I have been doing something right!)