Testing and results

DIDFUR

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,

I know we shouldn’t test as I’m pre diabetic hb1ca 46 oct 2022. I’ve lost almost 2st, was 16.12st in October now 15.0st. I’ve tested after every evening meal 1:30hrs/2:00hrs after food. And my results are always around the 5.3/6.3 does this mean I’m heading in the right direction. I’m not due to have another hb1ca till October but they said I could have one after 6 months. I’m a bit scared too to be honest, just in case it’s gone up. Do the test results show I’m doing good ??

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,

I know we shouldn’t test as I’m pre diabetic hb1ca 46 oct 2022. I’ve lost almost 2st, was 16.12st in October now 15.0st. I’ve tested after every evening meal 1:30hrs/2:00hrs after food. And my results are always around the 5.3/6.3 does this mean I’m heading in the right direction. I’m not due to have another hb1ca till October but they said I could have one after 6 months. I’m a bit scared too to be honest, just in case it’s gone up. Do the test results show I’m doing good ??
Ooooh, you shouldn't test! Says who? ;) Seriously, your body, your health, your decision. And if you hadn't been testing, you wouldn't be able to ask a very specific question and get a decent answer. Well, half-decent anyway, as you're supposed to test before a meal and 2 hours after the first bite, so I only have half the data to go on. But yes, those are excellent post-prandial numbers, and you are kicking prediabetes-b*tt.

Long story short, yeah, you're doing good.

YAY YOU!!!! :)