Testing out what I can and can't eat.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been testing since April, and my fingers bruise. I have stopped squeezing now. The more I squeeze, the more I bruise, and I know we are not supposed to squeeze as this can corrupt the blood drop. If insufficient blood appears I prick different fingers until some flows more freely. Certain fingers are better than others. The later in the day it gets, the harder it gets, so I use my "better" fingers later in the day.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I milk the finger from the base to get a drop, I don't squeeze the tip....if that's a help? I can also use a fine setting on the lance

Last edited by a moderator:
C

catherinecherub

Another thing to consider about your testing is are you drinking enough? Blood does not flow as well if you are dehydrated.

Rosie1953

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another thing to consider about your testing is are you drinking enough? Blood does not flow as well if you are dehydrated.
Yes it could be that I'm dehydrated as I don't tend to drink much. I will try upping my fluid intake.

Thankyou every one for you help.

Rosie1953

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wait, what? Oven chips?

Yes I had them to test out to see what happened. I was not sure if with the breaded scampi and oven chips was going to make me go sky high. Don't mostly eat any kind of potatoes.