The end of the honeymoon. I'm on insulin.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Well. It happened over the last three weeks. The fasting c-peptide of 0.126 nmol/l explained why my blood sugars simply got higher and higher and no longer fell back with exercise and fasting. I even gave up eating low carbohydrate vegetables. But in the end, I simply didn't have enough insulin. I have to spend the day with OCDEM tomorrow. After all of my training with the diabetes nurse, I don't think I actually injected myself before I left the hospital as I pushed the button at the end of the pen hard enough and I forgot to look at the dial (and the young nurse who took over from the diabetes nurse also forgot to look.) It still showed 2 units afterwards. I couldn't double dose, just in case, so left without retrying.

I'm on such small amounts of insulin (hooray) so I'm not changing what I do significantly. LCHF.

Who knows how this is going to affect my exercise and the love of a glass of red wine.

I'm off to the gym. I've also set my alarm for 2 am (just in case the insulin pen did work).

Last edited:
D

Deleted Account

Hey? Also, who knows how this is going to affect my exercise and the love of a glass of red wine.
I have no experience of type 2 but, with type 1, I enjoy exercise and glasses of red wine. And I haven’t put on any weight.