The joys of a new pump...

LittleSue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
iHs said:
Hi

If you go to skinit.com and click on devices, then medical devices, you can get a skin made of yr choice for Medtronic pumps. You can even upload a photo to be made into a skin. :))

Wow thanks for that iHs. I could get carried away...

Dragonflye

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
lol i rarely wear dresses however im off fabric shopping today to try and make a belt of sorts so i amable to :D so i know exactly what you mean littlesue :D

iHs

Hi

Something that does the job of a 'pump belt' is to use a lycra type tummy trimmer :) These dont cost much on ebay or amazon and can also be bought in some car boot sale market places. I'm only a size 10-12 so dont really have any tummy to hold in but they work quite well :)

They are a bit like a stretchy tubigrip and keep the pump in place without moving about and can be folded over :wink:

LittleSue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hope your shopping trip was successful.

I have a money belt designed for ladies, in fabric (microfibre?) that's supposed to feel like soft stretchy underwear. Sort of oval-shaped, plus an adjustable waistband section. Washable, and probably a nicer feeling next to the skin than the standard nylony type. I already had it, so I'm going to try that before I buy anything else for wearing my pump under clothes. Not much scope there for creativity or colour-coordinating with my outfit, but there's time for that when I have a better idea of where I'll be wearing it.

Dragonflye

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
just an update :) just seen my DSN and now trying the silhouette infusion set... i think i preferred the look of the quickset... the needle looks scary (not 1 for someone with a needle phobia) and the inserter looks even more scarier :lol: