The Low Carb Food Company have ceased trading!

Kernow Debra

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So disappointed to receive an email from Low Carb food, due to cash flow problems they are no longer trading.
I eat their bread and rolls most days. The pizza crusts I can live without.
Any suggestions for an acceptable alternative?

Seriously low carb I cannot tolerate. Find their bread and rolls incredibly rubbery, Deliciously Guilt free rolls don’t do it for me either.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m so sad, I just got their email too :(
Interesting to hear you don’t like the Srsly ones, that’s who I was going to try next. DGF, although I love their brownies and chocolate their rolls look a bit too ‘rustic’ for me!

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know it’s not as low as the bread from Low Carb Food but Warburtons medium sliced no sugar added wholemeal is only 9g a slice and Hovis nimble 50 is around 8g a slice if that’s any good? I have a slice toasted most days and have cheese, ham or hard boiled eggs on it and all three sometimes ;)

Kernow Debra

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting to hear you don’t like the Srsly ones, that’s who I was going to try next. DGF, although I love their brownies and chocolate their rolls look a bit too ‘rustic’ for me!
Yep Srsly taste ok, but texture is bordering inedible for me. Soo rubbery.
The rolls I have to use a knife and fork so the contents don’t spill whilst I try and bite.
DGF rolls texturally much nicer, but is an acquired taste!

Kernow Debra

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I might well try those thanks @MissMuffett
It’s the rolls I will miss for burgers etc.
Although I have just discovered the joy of Chaffles, so that might have to do.

Reactions: MissMuffett

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Arrrgh! I got an email Wednesday to say their warehouse would be shut next week so I put a top up order in, came yesterday- wish I’d known I’d have got a shed load of pizza bases :( their products are my favourite- will have to revert back to previous supplier.

It’s very sad for them and I know they’ve been trying to raise money for a while, I remember getting an email maybe last year asking for investors - I really hope they can turn it around, such a shame

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Who did you order from previously?
Srsly low carb, used them for a long time but then discovered LCF Co. I don’t mind their products but do find them a bit chewy and the quality can be a bit hit & miss. I do love their wraps though they are good. Never found a pizza base I like other than LCF Co

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s like the Lidl roll catastrophe all over again - our long time members will remember this ;) we had members who bought freezers just to fill with the rolls when it was announced they were discontinuing them - I’m sure you’ll remember this @Rachox?

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I remember the lidl rolls!
Livlife bread is pleasant and is3.4 gms per slice. You get it from waitrose.
No Waitrose where I am :( may have found an alternative already - just having a little google around

Reactions: MissMuffett

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Rachox I'd really recommend you try the keto rolls from DGF
https://deliciouslyguiltfree.com/collections/bread-and-wraps/products/keto-bread-roll-bag-of-6-rolls
another company I buy bread from and love their seeded loaf is hey lo but not tried their rolls as love the dgf ones. I'm not as sure about the Srsly ones they are okay but a little bit too light for me their seeded ones are better but as DGF are gluten free they win for me.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: saky and Rachox

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Rachox I'd really recommend you try the keto rolls from DGF if you like seeds. Another company I buy bread from and love is hey lo but not tried their rolls as love the dgf ones. I'm not as sure about the Srsly ones they are okay but a little bit too light for me their seeded ones are better but as DGF are gluten free they win for me.
Who are DGF please @shelley262

• Friendly
Reactions: shelley262