The NHS - Is it that bad?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Wish you could keep politicians and politics out of the NHS, maybe that's the biggest problem it has!

Reactions: 4 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Wish you could keep politicians and politics out of the NHS, maybe that's the biggest problem it has!
I can go along with that.
I have never come across a conversation about the NHS in public or online that doesn't involve politics.
It's a political topic.
Politics. affect every aspect of our lives so it's a subject there's no escape from.
If you want to stick to th one question only then the answer is no.
Is that what the topic should be like ... yes no yes yes no?
Be flippin' boring if it was.
Are people losing the art of conversation?

Sancho panza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can go along with that.
I have never come across a conversation about the NHS in public or online that doesn't involve politics.
It's a political topic.
Politics. affect every aspect of our lives so it's a subject there's no escape from.
If you want to stick to th one question only then the answer is no.
Is that what the topic should be like ... yes no yes yes no?
Be flippin' boring if it was.
Are people losing the art of conversation?

I don't think people are losing the art of conversation and as I said in my previous post I agree with some of the comments posted. And other posters gave answers and their views without it just being a yes no yes.
However jack your previous three posts were just about politics and nothing to do with the subject in question and could easily derail the thread but that's my opinion.

Reactions: 2 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
For a caring society we let our old people suffer for the sake of doctrine within politics!
Interestingly, the amount of donations collected for animals far surpasses the amount t for children or oaps! Which I couldn't believe when I read it.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Does it really matter?
It's very easy to bring the thread back to where anyone would prefer it to be surely.
I suppose I like my forum experiences to be a little life like where conversations evolve return go off at a tangent come back again etc.
That's just me.
I don't like regimentation but .... I'll try harder promise.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
For a caring society we let our old people suffer for the sake of doctrine within politics!
Interestingly, the amount of donations collected for animals far surpasses the amount t for children or oaps! Which I couldn't believe when I read it.
Are you sure you're on topic .... :p

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On Friday, a friend's husband (62 yrs) attended a doc appt for what he thought was a chest infection (mild breathlessness and a little chest pain).

Within 15 mins an ambulance arrived and whisked him off to hospital, with the ambulance paramedics doing an ECG en route. On arrival he was given another ECG, other tests, multiple bloods were drawn, and he was closely monitored for several hours.

He was home that evening with a diagnosis of muscle pain, no heart attack, and a speculation of angina.

His wife was astonished, delighted and relieved at the brilliant, caring, efficient treatment he received.

Him? He's complaining at 'the fuss' and how 'they all over-reacted'.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Reactions: 5 people

Scardoc

Another thread I've only just picked up but I have to comment as I am a staunch supporter of the NHS. I firmly believe that the number of stories regarding the failures would be dwarfed if everyone who had a good experience shared it.

My daughter spent a month in Malawi in the summer and had women try to give her their children as they needed medical attention and couldn't afford it. Our NHS is not free, we all pay for it through our NI but is there a better alternative?

If you consistently tell someone they are useless or pathetic then you will erode their confidence and they will give up. A system like the NHS works the same way. Our media are not interested in them (or anything really) unless there is a scandal or a shocking tale to tell.

Reactions: 5 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Haven't read beyond page 1 yet but they seem great for everything bar diabetes in my experience. Had hellp syndrome with eldest and they saved both are lives daughter born at 29 weeks and weighed less than 2lbs. Great experience with burns unit at 10 months old when eldest managed to pick me p remote control and hook it through handle of cup with hot drink (not great with me or Mr Scandi- quite horrible in fact) great recently as I sit her with my newly plastered arm and a sick note for 2 weeks absence. Feeling sorry for self and guilty as not there for year 11.