The SCREAM thread

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have 2 daughters - one aged 28 and one aged 24. The 28 year old has an 8 year old and a 5 month old yet she acts like a stroppy teenager

I had plans yesterday to have a quiet couple of hours in the house but got 'summoned' to my daughter's house for reasons I cant mention. I got soaking wet and freezing cold and was then expected to look after the 2 children whilst she proceeded to have an argument with her partner.

I'm now in a position I cant get out of and I'm expected to be at my daughter's beck and call. I have no life because I have to chaperone 2 so called adults

I hope she soon realises she has to grow up as I wont be around forever.

That's my moan for today

S

Sable_Jan

I have 2 daughters - one aged 28 and one aged 24. The 28 year old has an 8 year old and a 5 month old yet she acts like a stroppy teenager

I had plans yesterday to have a quiet couple of hours in the house but got 'summoned' to my daughter's house for reasons I cant mention. I got soaking wet and freezing cold and was then expected to look after the 2 children whilst she proceeded to have an argument with her partner.

I'm now in a position I cant get out of and I'm expected to be at my daughter's beck and call. I have no life because I have to chaperone 2 so called adults

I hope she soon realises she has to grow up as I wont be around forever.

That's my moan for today
I'm afraid if I were you I would have just refused to go....and do so in future until she learns to accept her responsibilities as a parent...

C

chris lowe

Scream? I'll give you scream! Flamin' CarpetWrong are winding me up! I ordered a stair carpet:

First the Estimator didn't arrive after we waited all day. "Don't know what happened, to be honest. We'll send him next week."
Then when we paid for the stair carpet, the price had gone up. "Oh the special offer ended" But it wouldn't have - if your man had turned up!!
Then the Fitter didn't turn up. "He went on holiday, to be honest. We'll send him next week".
Then he cancelled, the next week. "He's very busy, because he was away for a week and he's got a backlog".

Then I cancelled the deal. "Oh you can't cancel. It's in our terms and conditions"...

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm afraid if I were you I would have just refused to go....and do so in future until she learns to accept her responsibilities as a parent...

It's a little more complex than that. I cant go into details but shall we shall higher powers have deemed they are not alone together with the children

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just followed thread for 1st time! Could have done with good scream few months ago!! will come back again when feel the urge!!
Hugs to all those in need and I can empathise with many on lot of topics here
My Hubby has a lot of troubles from his previous marriage and there's still a lot of incoming flack. Poor guy just doesn't deserve it
Kind regards to all

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I hate pain it does nto go down with me at all...had pains in my upper arms for the last 7 weeks which have now started my shoulders off hurting, had blood test as Doc thought it Polymyalgia rheumatica
but nope not that but did show a borderline lack of Vitamin D so started taking soem Vit D only to have a bad tummy and upset bowels so stopped taking Vit D and see it it gets better and have to go for a scan on shoulders as doc thinks it could be tendon trouble in my shoulder.... I think getting old is bad enough with out all the darn pains that goes with it arghhhhh

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hate pain it does nto go down with me at all...had pains in my upper arms for the last 7 weeks which have now started my shoulders off hurting, had blood test as Doc thought it Polymyalgia rheumatica
but nope not that but did show a borderline lack of Vitamin D so started taking soem Vit D only to have a bad tummy and upset bowels so stopped taking Vit D and see it it gets better and have to go for a scan on shoulders as doc thinks it could be tendon trouble in my shoulder.... I think getting old is bad enough with out all the darn pains that goes with it arghhhhh
I have had daily chronic pain throughout my body since 2011 :(:wacky::inpain::wideyed: I was diagnosed 2014 with Fibromyalgia Syndrome
but it took a long time to get diagnosed, and had to give up work I loved cos of lack of sleep!! :wacky::rolleyes:
I started acupuncture in July (not everyone's cup of tea!) and recently I've felt a little better.... and sometimes sleeping betterer too! But I also made a drastic change to my diet...not only low carb, but wheat and dairy free and I've been veggie since 1978.
I will eat some fish now and again, but that's just a personal choice :cat:
Hope 'they' can sort somat out soon for you:nurse::angelic::doctor::cat:

S

Sable_Jan

Could be fibromyalgia ..... no tests as such (other than pressure points) mostly exclusion of over things ..... but it's also a syndrome can have all sorts of symptoms which can also vary, lessen, worsen...up & down over time. Look it up cos there are doctors still don't understand it.
Big GENTLE

S

Sable_Jan

I have had daily chronic pain throughout my body since 2011 :(:wacky::inpain::wideyed: I was diagnosed 2014 with Fibromyalgia Syndrome
but it took a long time to get diagnosed, and had to give up work I loved cos of lack of sleep!! :wacky::rolleyes:
I started acupuncture in July (not everyone's cup of tea!) and recently I've felt a little better.... and sometimes sleeping betterer too! But I also made a drastic change to my diet...not only low carb, but wheat and dairy free and I've been veggie since 1978.
I will eat some fish now and again, but that's just a personal choice :cat:
Hope 'they' can sort somat out soon for you:nurse::angelic::doctor::cat:
Has doctor tried you on amitriptyline at night to help you sleep? I used to wake ever hour before but maybe twice now.... also on Lyrica (a Gabapentin)

Reactions: chris lowe
C

chris lowe

Hugs for you Patsy

Reactions: Sable_Jan

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Has doctor tried you on amitriptyline at night to help you sleep? I used to wake ever hour before but maybe twice now.... also on Lyrica (a Gabapentin)
In my signature at the bottom of my posts are my meds I'm currently taking.
I tried amitriptyline... awful nightmares, then on nortriptyline and that was great but apparently too expensive for regular free prescriptions. so then I had to try gabapentin, supposed to be 300mg per night but I was a zombie all day long, so I cut it down to alternating nights of 100mg and 200mg, but wasn't much use. On Monday I will start yet another one called Imipramine, same family as the other - triptylines, fingers crossed!!

S

Sable_Jan

I tried amitriptyline... awful nightmares, then on nortriptyline and that was great but apparently too expensive for regular free prescriptions. so then I had to try gabapentin, supposed to be 300mg per night but I was a zombie all day long, so I cut it down to alternating nights of 100mg and 200mg, but wasn't much use. On Monday I will start yet another one called Imipramine, same family as the other - triptylines, fingers crossed!!
Fingers crossed.
I don't see the signatures created on the web most of the time as the App doesn't show them.....

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
for the sleep nighmares, have you tried Linden flower tea? There is also Linden flower honey from Ukraine or Bashkiria. But we diabetics can't have the honey, so. This is for nightmares and is a standard kind of natural remedy for them. For people who don't have nighmares, it is just calming to get to sleep.

homeopathic sleep stuff also is Calms forte

Are you on a Barretts diet for the esophagitis? ( no alcohol, no mint, no tomatoes, low acid, etc?
Hi @Contralto and good morning from wild and windy, wet west Wales! :cat:
Thanks for the info about nightmares.... luckily it only happened when taking Amitriptyline!! :inpain::(:nurse:
But I changed the med cos of terrible dreams for Nortriptyline... and it worked lovely for me, but 'they' decided it was too expensive on free repeat prescription, so... I had to use cheaper Gabapentin!! Sort of worked ok, but left me zombie-like next day.
To cut an awfully long story short! I'm just about to trial 14 nights of Imipramine ..... hope it works as well as the Nortriptyline! :nailbiting::rolleyes: I've been told recently, that 'they' have to follow guidelines with these meds!! :mad: so I can't be put back on Nortriptyline immediately!!!!! Trial and error guinea pig!!!! :arghh::arghh::arghh: ooh! that's betterer! :D
As to the Barretts Diet, I've found those foods out by trial and error too.... never heard of Barretts Diet before, so I will have a looksee, Ta! :angelic::cat:
I have tried a few of those homeopathic remedies.... they help me drop off to sleep, but unfortunately, I don't stay asleep!! :banghead::rolleyes:

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
aaaaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhhh

I wish my daughter would understand the higher powers in our country wont take too kindly to her lifestyle. She has children to consider. Or am I just being a nosey mother?

C

chris lowe

Will have to have a google, don't you need to be careful what you eat? Vague memory of reading Marmite & cheese to be avoided