This is bad really bad.

maxigrs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
You never think it's going to happen to you, I was doing the school run, walking home I suddenly start to fall down nightmare luckily a very kind gentleman pick me up and carried me home.
The we went to hospital because my back injury was playing me up big time.
I got really frustrated as they were all about the diabetes which I totally denied having.
It was me In denial and not the river in Egypt.

• Hug
Reactions: Lainie71

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Hi @maxigrs We can't choose the hand life deals us, but we can choose how we play it.
Since you are on insulin for Type 2 it must be quite bad.
Type 1's know that balancing insulin against carbs is something to be taken very seriously if you want to be around when your kids grow up.
Do it for them.

• Agree
Reactions: TriciaWs

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @maxigrs

It wasn't clear to me whether your fall was caused by your diabetes or not. I also had a fall recently resulting in a fracture to my elbow- not caused by diabetes.

I understand about denial. I hard a really hard time coming to terms with my diagnosis. I love carbs and found it difficult to accept that they were no longer part of my future. I am now in a much better place.

I went very low carb immediately BUT I wasn't on any medication other than Metformin so it was perfectly safe for me to do this. Noting that you are on insulin you will need to be more careful and will need advice from your medical team.

However, while I understand about denial, if you are on insulin you need to take it onboard and start dealing with it. Your health is so important. You can get advice and support here.

Good luck.

Reactions: Robbity