Three cheers for this forum!

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This time last year I was a badly controlled T2. My fasting BS were no lower than 8 and were as high as 12.4. I'd been dx in Nov 2007 and had only been told to watch sugar intake by practice nurse, I was then only checking the amount of sugar per 100g and not the portion size or the total amount of carbs.

I was taking Amitrytline for IBS and I think it raised my BS, although it sorted the IBS, it didn't make me feel well and I was also putting weight on (all what I had lost when I cut out sugary drinks on dx), it now turns out I can't eat wheat and cutting that out has cured the IBS.

In May 2010, I decided I couldn't go on like this and started looking for ways to lower my BS and found this forum and took on board the information for the newly diagnosed and the information about carbs and testing.

Although I've increased my meds to add 40mg gliclazide to the maxiumum dose of metfomin, this was on discussion with an endo who could see I wanted to take control and get lower BS levels and try to reduce complications. I'm losing weight too.

My fasting BS this morning was 5.7, the same date last year it was 11.8, as far as I'm concerned that's a result!

Three cheers for the forum, especially Sue and Ken who do such a good job as monitors and everyone else who is so helpful.

Malc.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Denise...
I agree, three cheers for this forum!

I also was only told to reduce my intake of sugar by the Dn...Oh and take the tablets...

I've since discovered there's much more to it than that and I'm still not getting it right with the 'carbs'! :(

Congrats' on those results, they're really good. :)

Regards,
Malc.

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
That certainly is a result, good work :)

upon diagnosis people should be given the link to this forum :lol:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
This forum has turned many peoples lives around and special praise has to go to Ken and Sue for their time and dedication in helping others.

Nigel

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
I agree with you Nigel :)