Trainers/Nutritionalists for Type One ?

CTD

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone one know if there are personal trainers/nutrionalists or group sessions for young people with diabetes,daughter recently diagnosed and think it would really get her into good habits if I could find someone to exercise with her and help her understand the balance of food/insulin she might need ? We are SW London?

Reactions: 3 people

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry, don't know of anyone, but just wanted to say that this is a great idea, and feel that most people with diabetes and, of course, young people with diabetes in particular, would benefit from this kind of input. It would be interesting, fun and less solitary and many PWD seem to have to muddle through so much on their own - which is why this forum is brilliant. I hope you find someone.

Reactions: 2 people

CTD

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry, don't know of anyone, but just wanted to say that this is a great idea, and feel that most people with diabetes and, of course, young people with diabetes in particular, would benefit from this kind of input. It would be interesting, fun and less solitary and many PWD seem to have to muddle through so much on their own - which is why this forum is brilliant. I hope you find someone.
Thanks,I wonder if this is something gyms/fitness centres could be made aware of as I'm sure there would be a call for it and it might bring in new members - especially the big chains. will keep you posted !

Reactions: 2 people