Tresiba change to time of dose

susieg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
the confusion about what and what not to eat, provided by others who know it all!
I have been switched to Tresiba for the past couple of months, I started off ok but upped the dose as suggested as my levels were high in the morning. Now after a few weeks of what I thought was the optimum dose (15u) taken first thing in the morning, I am crashing into hypo about 11am, every day. and in the evening usually around 6-7pm going really high. I wonder if anyone knows if changing the time, say lunch time, would be a better time to administer it? (I can ask my DSN but it takes days to get through,) just wondered if anyone else has had this with Tresiba.

The Balladeer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
arrogant doctors spreading misinformation insulin price
I have been switched to Tresiba for the past couple of months, I started off ok but upped the dose as suggested as my levels were high in the morning. Now after a few weeks of what I thought was the optimum dose (15u) taken first thing in the morning, I am crashing into hypo about 11am, every day. and in the evening usually around 6-7pm going really high. I wonder if anyone knows if changing the time, say lunch time, would be a better time to administer it? (I can ask my DSN but it takes days to get through,) just wondered if anyone else has had this with Tresiba.
hey how are you doing i know maybe am a little late but have the exact same problem as u exept im taking 12u in the evening if i may ask did you manage to fix that problem sorry if my reply didnt bring any helpful value to your problem

susieg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
the confusion about what and what not to eat, provided by others who know it all!
hey how are you doing i know maybe am a little late but have the exact same problem as u exept im taking 12u in the evening if i may ask did you manage to fix that problem sorry if my reply didnt bring any helpful value to your problem
Hi, I managed to sort it, I changed to evening and it seemed fine, but needed to reduce it to 12u at first, but since the weather has changed I'm eating different foods I've upped it to 14u and it's keeping nice and even now, no more night hypos.

The Balladeer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi, I managed to sort it, I changed to evening and it seemed fine, but needed to reduce it to 12u at first, but since the weather has changed I'm eating different foods I've upped it to 14u and it's keeping nice and even now, no more night hypos.
thank you for the reply yes i think in my case the timing isnt the problem i take 12u most of the days its fine no hypo but when i increase it to 13 i always wake up feeling hypo the reason i increase it to 13 is my pre meal bg was always high my doctor literally said you have such a weird problem i cant believe he said that anyways thanks again im sorry im new to all of this

The Balladeer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
hey sorry if I bothered you may I ask you where usually inject basal i inject my Tresiba only in my thigh im a doing it wrong can I inject it in like in my arm cause I use my arm to inject the Apidra sorry again have a good day night