Trying for my first baby

missjuju

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Ladies and Gents

I'm ju im 32 and im t2 and my partner is t2 I'm currently taking 5mg folic acid a day as I'd really like to have a baby but it just doesn't seem to be happening for me I've lost weight and brought my hba1c levels down from 82 to 53 should I speak to my diabetic nurse

Any advice would be fab

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G920F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
should I speak to my diabetic nurse

Yes, while I wouldn't have thought there is anything to do with your diabetes stopping you getting pregnant you should be aware that the target hba1c for diabetic ladies trying to conceive is under 48. If you're on any oral meds, other than metformin, they may also need to be discontinued for trying to conceive.

Have a look at the NICE guidelines for management of pre conception and preganancy in diabetics to see what support you could expect - https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng3/chapter/1-recommendations

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Ladies and Gents

I'm ju im 32 and im t2 and my partner is t2 I'm currently taking 5mg folic acid a day as I'd really like to have a baby but it just doesn't seem to be happening for me I've lost weight and brought my hba1c levels down from 82 to 53 should I speak to my diabetic nurse

Any advice would be fab

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G920F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

How long have you been trying @missjuju ?