Type 1.5 / LADA diabetics page

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Can I just bring the Type 1.5 / LADA page to your attention, you goodly T-1 people? There seem to be an awful lot of you in *here*, who could well be on *there* as well because you're late-onset. All experiences of late-onset T-1 welcomed - we're just a few over there, and would appreciate having more people to talk to ...

LucySW

Last edited by a moderator:

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Would be happy to help but LADA, 1.5 et al is a variant name for T1 which started in adulthood rather than childhood. I am "strictly" LADA but my GP stated that it was autoimmune (I have several autoimmune conditions) late onset. I have been treated as T1 and my diet is as for a T1 all of which is working stunningly well.
Good advice and support can come from any and many streams, I feel happier with my results gained from a "T1 regime"

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Your are right and I view both forums. Some might suggest merging the two forums but I think the different age and way it surfaces probably justifies two forums. Yes, they are all T1

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
I'm not much use in here sadly as I have NO experience of Bolus insulin,ratios,pumps,CGM etc :(

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Don't mind looking in and posting in the Type 1.5/Lada section if there's something that might be of interest :)

Reactions: 4 people