Type 1.5 of LADA (you choose)

TorqPenderloin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What does anybody think of GAD antibodies and producing high insulin? At what point do the GAD antibodies go to, ie, 6.00 or what? I don't understand these antibodies. Mine is actually 0.333 what exactly does that mean. Please help so confused about LADA
This is my understanding: GAD65 is an enzyme found in our brains and our pancreas. When type 1 diabetes is suspected, the GAD65 test is performed to measure if there is a high concentration of GAD65 autoantibodies.

Technically, a high presence of autoantibodies doesn't automatically equate to an attack on your pancreas' beta cells, but there is an extremely strong correlation between the two.

As far as when your antibodies will increase? Unfortunately, I don't think that's completely understood just yet as we still don't know what exactly causes this autoimmune attack.

There are different units of measurement for the gad65 test. Apparently, a reading under 1.0 u/ml is considered within range, but I'm going off a US based diagnostics company.

janiebcarder

It means you still have some life in your beta cells, which is great. But they won't last unless you go on insulin to lower BG so they won't need to work so hard.

When BG is high and your own beta cells are working away, the pro-insulin they produce is detected and targeted by the immune system and destroyed. Lower activity (from lower BG stimulus) => lower proinsulin so less attacking.

That's the latest theory.
Thank you it is a great help