Type 1 diabetic for 9 years tops of my legs go numb all the time .

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Al hughes ,

A warm welcome to the forum.

Do you inject or pump?
You mentioned the top of your legs going numb. I'm thinking injection site related..?

Others will be along shortly to say hello.!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi and welcome, have you seen your GP or diabetes nurse, as numbness does need investigating. Take care.

Al hughes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Al hughes ,

A warm welcome to the forum.

Do you inject or pump?
You mentioned the top of your legs going numb. I'm thinking injection site related..?

Others will be along shortly to say hello.!

Hi I inject novorapid and lantis at nyt but don't inject in leg !

Al hughes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
And no av not had time to see gp as am a fisherman and barely home . How long have use had diabetes ?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Welcome to the forum @Al hughes

The numbness may be a nerve issue rather than a injection site problem (I've had lipohypertrophy issues in the past and didn't experience any numbness with it), so next time your home do go and see your gp and remember not all ailments and conditions are diabetes related.

At a guess the problem may be down to your work...........for example a trapped nerve in the back which can effect the legs, but your Dr will give you a proper diagnosis when you visit them. Good luck.

Reactions: Jaylee
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
And no av not had time to see gp as am a fisherman and barely home . How long have use had diabetes ?

Hi, this is my 28th year, with type 1, as soon as your return home, please see your GP. I imagine your work as a fisherman must be very physical and demanding, maybe some part of your job ( something repetitive) could contribute to you problem ?

Al hughes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you for ur support aye I'm up for days sometimes and I'm 6ft5 as well maybe trapped nerve am due home in 2 weeks time I'm fishing down English Channel near brixham