Type 1.. one year on

andy10r

HI all,

It's exactly a year to the day that I was diagnosed with Type 1. I am 39 years old and life was going well till I feel ill last year.
Being diagnosed type 1 was one hell of a shock for me but over time I have got used to it and now it's not an issue.
My HB1AC back in March this year was 7.9%, Sept it went up to 8.3% ( i could not get my levels down for love or money - my diabetic team changed me insulin to Novarapid and Levimer), Dec it went down to 7.8%, so looks like it's heading in the right direction.
I start my Carb counting course early next year, so that should help me out hugely.

The only issue I have is my feet... Prior to being diagnosed I was suffering from Policemans Heel (as I did a huge amount of working for work).. I saw a podiatrist and he said that there was nothing wrong!

I still suffer from tingling pain in my big toe on my right foot with a shoting pain in my heel and again tingling pain in my toes on my left foot.. Does any one else suffer with this?

Apart from that all is good in my life, well apart from missing my beloved lager!

Oh well there are some sacrifices we have to make.

Cheers all.

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to you all.

Andy

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi Andy,

Keep working on your bg control and hopefully your Hba1c will fall further, I'm sure the carb counting course will be most helpful.

As to regards your feet, all I can suggest is that you go back to your gp and discuss, surprised the Podiatrist hasn't sent you further tests mind :?