Type 1 weight

Scott1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys was just wondering if anyone who has type 1 knows how to put on weight I've lost 3 st in a couple of months and I can't seem to put any on any help would be appriciated

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
What are your BG levels ?
The diet for someone with Type 1 should be the same as someone without diabetes. The only reason why Type 1 is likely to cause weight loss is if your BG is high.
If it is not the case, then eating more should help with weight gain. Just make sure you increase your insulin accordingly.
If it does not, I recommend making an appointment with your GP as weight loss may be indicative of some other health problem. Three stone loss without trying is concerning.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello @Scott1991 Welcome to the forum.
How long have you had type 1 diabetes, as it's fairly common to lose weight before you're diagnosed. If that doesn't apply to you, I'd suggest you make an appointment with your gp.

Do you have regular appointments with your hospital for your diabetes, and if so have you mentioned the weight loss to them?

Reactions: EllieM

Dondas3@

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi guys was just wondering if anyone who has type 1 knows how to put on weight I've lost 3 st in a couple of months and I can't seem to put any on any help would be appriciated
Why is everyone I know lost weight and I can't? Even taking metformin to drop 1 stone took me almost 3 years