Type 1 with excellent control, hypo symptoms at 5.5?????

kendod666

My control is between 5.5 and 6.5 during the day.

However upon heading towards 5.5 I am getting hypo symptoms, repeated checks give my readings at 5.3, 5.4 and 5.5......but remain stable over an hour at these levels.

However during this hour if I don't eat I get very shakey, hot flushes etc, vision gets blury etc.

I have tested on 2 different meters and get similar results.

Is it possible to have to good a control? I have had excellent control for the last 3 years, other than the first 3 months of diagnosis. (on the whole)

However I have never experienced hypo symptoms this high. Usually only get them approaching 4.0

Seem to be at a loss, If I eat it stops but then I go high.

Tanny35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @kendod666

I sometimes get hypo symptoms when bg is on a 5. Usually though, it is if I have had some highs previously.
But I have had the feeling without having the highs too.

I read somewhere, that. The bg testing kits are just an average , so your bg could in fact be a bit lower than that given on the machine. (That was posted by someone on this forum).

I find that if I feel like that on a 5, having a small snack with just a few carbs usually helps and doesn't send me high either.

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I get them quite often, especially the blurred vision and I e only dropped less than 5 points. I just think my BS moving down even slightly causes this. I usually eat 3 or 4 nuts and I won't go up. Sometimes I think it's just a reaction to insulin itself. Not much I can do about that...