Type 1'stars R Us

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Am glad things are going in the right direction @Nicola M Hopefully by the time you go back to the hospital everything will be stable again.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hope you're wrist is starting to feel a bit better @Marie 2 but it's still early days I know. It probably feels a lot longer to you!!

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Cumberland Good to see you!!!!!

@hopeful I am doing most things with my wrist, I am still not supposed to lift over 5 pounds, and no leaning on it! I can tell the difference when I go to lift something heavier, it sort of objects and lets me know. I grabbed the Dobie and pulled back on her and thought I'm probably not supposed to do that yet. But I didn't feel any pain at all. But all in all, it's starting to feel more like normal. My back is more stubborn, a much slower improvement.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello all. Lovely to hear your updates. Good news about eyes @aNicola M
Glad bones are healing, albeit slowly @Marie 2 We get more impatient the older we get I am sure.
@Cumberland hope you are doing ok and still have your little dog.
Had a rebellious day yesterday. I am usually pretty disciplined, but have had so much going on the last few months. Elderly parents, husbands eyes-still unable to drive 5 months after the second op. Looking after grandsons and six weeks of a bad neck. Anyway I made some fabulous Hot X Buns yesterday and confess to eating 3. Luckily I’d had a healthy low carb lunch prior. However, spent 12 hours wrestling numbers and am still dealing with the fall out this morning.
Oh the joys of enjoying oneself as a Type 1.

RoughcutAU

@becca59 I definitely hear you! Hot Cross Buns are my poison this time of year too. I enjoy them too much to give them up.

Note attached Graph … 2 hot cross buns consumed around 7am.
IMG_1711664914.902199.jpg

Reactions: Marie 2

LizKay

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
New pump arrived today, interestingly my new 780g looks slightly "chunkier" than my old one. Unsure whether this could be their way of possibly trying to prevent the Battery compartment cracks that they have a lot of. Left is new pump and right is old pump for comparison! View attachment 58948
What is the model of the old one?

DAC1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Swede
Roast lamb, potatoes and veggies. Oh and mint sauce of course.
BG in a good place before and after, seems the pre bolus was just about spot on.

Always find gammon a bit salty. Are you an egg or pineapple type of girl?:)
Roast lamb and mint sauce, oooooh I've just slipped in to a roast food fantasy. Looking for my car keys...got to get to Sainburys asap.

DAC1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Swede
Woken up on 8.6. Not a surprise as it was 3.4 before bed so over did the haribos. Had fallen asleep in front of the tv and thought the wobbly feeling was because I needed to go to bed. Tested twice because I thought it was an error.

Think hayfever & / or the meds are making it all a bit erratic.
8.6 is ok. as long As long as you're not in double figures. Rather than haribos try a small wholemeal (Nimble) sandwich with a savoury filling that you enjoy.

barbarapreston

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Large dogs, loud music and bad language
I don't post often unless something odd happens. Last June my left kidney played up and a stent and catheter were attached to sort the problem.Five weeks later,when everything had been sorted I started passing out.Blood sugars fine, surgery advised ringing 111 and paramedics arrived.No problems ,ECG fine then I passed out again and eventually ended up in Resus . Two hours later at 1am an emergency pacemaker was fitted,then Coronary care. Two days later a permanent pacemaker was fitted.No problems and discharged a week later. Two weeks later admitted to same ward ,problems breathing. Was in for another two weeks and finally discharged on ten pills a day.
Now the good news ,in February this year I was awarded the John Mc Leod medal ,having been a Diabetic for 70 years.I now feel very well and hoping to eventually claim the 75 year medal from the USA Joslin medal.I was diagnosed in 1954 at ten years old.
PS have just given my hot cross buns to my neighbour,they send my blood sugar sky high.

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Don’t know if it’s just me but my control is way better and yet I seem to get sicker much easier now!! :hilarious: May as well have my GP on speed dial at this rate. I know we have weaker immune systems but I never got this sick this often before

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
70 years, just wow, and wow again @barbarapreston. When you were diagnosed, the tech was minimal and syringes were great clumping things that didn’t help if small doses were needed; carb counting was in its infancy, and the average lifespan of someone with T1D was 42. You’ve now lived for 70+ years!
With the stent and the pacemaker you could well add another 70 years: 150th birthday here you come.

Reactions: Marie 2