Type 1'stars R Us

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, yes, TSH and FT4 were checked and all on the very bottom end of the range. FT3 wasn’t checked, as far as I know.

Seeing mine tomorrow about my “funny” big toenail. It’s still “funny”. Then down to the ambulance station to get a load of inoculations/vaccinations/jabs so I’m up to their required level of immunity. Think I’d rather go to work...

Mel, to desired starting place to be in is TSH 1.0, or less, with FT4 and FT3 towards the top of the range, and no symptoms.

NHS labs don't test FT3 too often, but don't start me on the reasons why not. It'd be an apparent lifetime you'd never get back!

If your FT4 is low in range, it's quite possible you are being under medicated, which could be in play with your undesired weight gain.

Who knew we needed to know this stuff, eh?

Reactions: porl69

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good evening everyone.
@kitedoc . Thank you ( along with google ) for a nugget of information. Ikebana........ I live and learn.
@Knikki . Post 11250????????????? I haven’t got a scooby doo what you’re talking about other than it’s got something to do with noise:)
:):):):):).. Seriously though, you obviously know your stuff and if ever I need any tips you’re top of the list.
Sugars fine all day up to mid afternoon and then we go 10+. No idea why, it happened a few days the other week. Maybe a basal test is on the cards for work days. I hate basal testing:banghead::banghead::banghead:.
Looking forward to the snow tomorrow ( not ) and see how the 4x4 with all weather tyres performs. If I’m not around for awhile then it may mean it hasn’t performed :):).

Reactions: porl69
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Waiting for daughter to come home from work, cooked a chicken curry with red pepper and broccoli, it's definitely getting chilly here, so a nice curry to warm us up :hungry:

K

Knikki

@Knikki . Post 11250????????????? I haven’t got a scooby doo what you’re talking about other than it’s got something to do with noise:)
:):):):):).. Seriously though, you obviously know your stuff and if ever I need any tips you’re top of the list.
Sugars fine all day up to mid afternoon and then we go 10+. No idea why, it happened a few days the other week.

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: Yes it is about making noise in a nut shell, sat here listening to Walk on The Wild Side, Lou Reed and Queens Night At The Opera viynal records. Nice of you to say but I am learning all again and finding new things out :)

Bloods? Oh that, well still in the green so not bad and while someone is busy keeping fit I'm sat on fat gluttonous maximums because it's to **** cold out to go the gym...........Must must must wobble to gym this week:rolleyes:o_O

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Knikki .
I wonder how many people are regretting dumping their old vinyl years back.
If only we had realised.:banghead::banghead::banghead:.
I had ELO “ Mr Blue sky” on blue vinyl and “ Sgt Peppers lonely hearts” on pink vinyl. Puts on his bullet proof vest and says.......” I never liked the Beatles”
Wonder what they would sound like nowadays to the right buyer.;););)

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Knikki .
I had ELO “ Mr Blue sky” on blue vinyl and “ Sgt Peppers lonely hearts” on pink vinyl. Puts on his bullet proof vest and says.......” I never liked the Beatles”

I had a separates set up for my hi fi and around 400 albums, mainly rock stuff from 70's and early 80. Got rid of the lot, but fortunately it went to a good home, my best mate. Every so often we have a vinyl night, a few drinky poos and lots of reminiscing about the past. Happy days

Reactions: porl69 and kitedoc

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
@Knikki .

Still got all mine, from T-Rex to Plastic Bertrand and everything in between (including Derek and Clive, but we'd better not go there).

Reactions: therower
K

Knikki

Vyinl has never gone away, look on Ebay there are loads you can get
@Knikki .

Yeah I get you on The Beatles however I have a Cramps picture disc, that I think is worth £120 :eek:. Vinyl has never really gone away as the dance DJ's up until very recently would only use vinyl plus in the town down the road from here has at least three shops that sell the stuff.

Reactions: porl69 and hh1

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Knikki . Charity shops always seem to have plenty as well. Think they are catching on and are now re pricing accordingly.
Always remember when I was a kid and stacking records on the player. The centre spindle would let one drop at a time.
Must have ruined the actually quality of the record. Fluff on the needle as well.
My mum also had an old wind up gramophone with 78’s , spare needles in a small covered recess in a corner. Delighted in winding the handle whilst record was playing and getting faster music.
45’s without the centre, trying to pop a centre from another record.
Memories :):):)

Reactions: porl69 and hh1

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I didn’t always have a record player, but never got rid of my vinyl!

Went to a yoga class this evening and went a bit low. So that was fun.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Still got all mine, from T-Rex to Plastic Bertrand and everything in between (including Derek and Clive, but we'd better not go there).
Lol, Derek & Clive..
Still got my old vinyl too.. Picture disc singles & coloured & clear albums. All from the 1980s metal era..
The original uncensored appetite for destruction G&R artwork.
Oh & one of a faves at the time. Not the nine o'clock news.. "Gerald the gorilla," "Constable Savage." All on there! :)

Lol, even got some stuff I did with an old band released five/six years ago on vinyl.. Though, I've never played it. Let alone taken it out of the wrapping.

Reactions: urbanracer