type 2 hypo

davest

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
i have been a diabetic since 2000 type 2 had hypos before but not like the 1 i had 2 weeks ago cant remember a lot but my wife had to call an ambulance what i can remember i had bad pains in my legs and arms could not sit up i was told my speech was sleraed my skin was pale

lindisfel

Expert
Hi Dave,
When did you hypo? Was it after a meal with carbs or after a long time not eating?
regards
Derek
i have been a diabetic since 2000 type 2 had hypos before but not like the 1 i had 2 weeks ago cant remember a lot but my wife had to call an ambulance what i can remember i had bad pains in my legs and arms could not sit up i was told my speech was sleraed my skin was pale

lindisfel

Expert
Hi Dave,
I am no expert but if I was you I would meter myself when I wake up after sleeping. Perhaps your liver is not producing enough blood glucose from glycogen. Otherwise perhaps you could try eating some low G.I. carbs at bedtime?
I am diet controlled and I don't take meds and can have a not too bad hypo after high G.I. Carbs.
It sounds like you need investigating fairly urgently by an Endo.

regards
Derek

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

davest

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Dave,
I am no expert but if I was you I would meter myself when I wake up after sleeping. Perhaps your liver is not producing enough blood glucose from glycogen. Otherwise perhaps you could try eating some low G.I. carbs at bedtime?
I am diet controlled and I don't take meds and can have a not too bad hypo after high G.I. Carbs.
It sounds like you need investigating fairly urgently by an Endo.

regards
Derek
the diabetic nurse at my surgery is on my case
and sorting it out thanks

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
It could be your dosage of insulin, that is taking you into hypo.
What did the hospital say?