Type 2 Life

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 am
a good solid night's sleep after watching dolphins out on the Tay in the evening.
Good saturday to all, huzza :happy:

Reactions: 13 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 am

I'm back to school on Monday and whilst I love the actual teaching, there are too many office politics for me and I've not been happy at work for a while now. I'm interested to see what rising stress levels do to my BG readings. @hankjam I might need to tag along on a dolphin watching trip, OK?

Reactions: 10 people

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 this am, after a day of raised BS. Feeling off my game yesterday and it showed in my bloods.... this am I wanna continue to sleep. Not just get up like I used to...

Reactions: 12 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

Slightly disappointing 6.1 this morning after a 4.8 before tea yesterday. I suspect my attempt to fight off this niggling little cold I have been wrestling with using Lemon Meringue pie will not have helped, but it did make me feel a lot better at the time.....

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All

Slightly disappointing 6.1 this morning after a 4.8 before tea yesterday. I suspect my attempt to fight off this niggling little cold I have been wrestling with using Lemon Meringue pie will not have helped, but it did make me feel a lot better at the time.....

Lemsip / Lemon Meringue pie, they're the same thing right??

Reactions: 8 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Hi folks. Hope you're all having a nice Saturday. Had a horrible nights sleep. Don't you just hate it when you toss & turn all night checking the clock every 1/2 hour. Then when you eventually nod off, the alarm goes and it's time to rise & shine..NOT! Well, that was me last night. Felt gritty-eyed all day because of it. Oh, & just to top off a frustrating day, my washing machine went off with a blue flash taking all the kitchen electric sockets with it. Ho hum! BG was 5.6 fasting this morning. Pretty much stayed at that level most of today so far. Can't be bothered to cook dinner. So, gonna order in. I'm planning on having a char-grilled chicken kebab with a lovely mixed Mediterranean salad, garlic mushrooms & Coleslaw. Maybe a few fries on the side. I deserve it. :angelic: Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone. :)

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi folks. Hope you're all having a nice Saturday. Had a horrible nights sleep. Don't you just hate it when you toss & turn all night checking the clock every 1/2 hour. Then when you eventually nod off, the alarm goes and it's time to rise & shine..NOT! Well, that was me last night. Felt gritty-eyed all day because of it. Oh, & just to top off a frustrating day, my washing machine went off with a blue flash taking all the kitchen electric sockets with it. Ho hum! BG was 5.6 fasting this morning. Pretty much stayed at that level most of today so far. Can't be bothered to cook dinner. So, gonna order in. I'm planning on having a char-grilled chicken kebab with a lovely mixed Mediterranean salad, garlic mushrooms & Coleslaw. Maybe a few fries on the side. I deserve it. :angelic: Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone. :)

View attachment 15490

Hope your not too stressed and can get a replacement washer soon. There is nothing worse than big electrics breaking

Reactions: 8 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Hope your not too stressed and can get a replacement washer soon. There is nothing worse than big electrics breaking

Hi loulou. Hope your chest is easier this evening & the Prednisolone is helping to dampen down the inflammation. You're not having much luck health wise at the moment are you hun. It must be tiring. Get well very soon. x

Reactions: 5 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi loulou. Hope your chest is easier this evening & the Prednisolone is helping to dampen down the inflammation. You're not having much luck health wise at the moment are you hun. It must be tiring. Get well very soon. x
Thanks AJ, it can be very tiring especially when when you wake up coughing and can't get back to sleep at silly o'clock:rolleyes:Hopefully the prednesolone will kick in, along with the Doxycycline and my chest will clam down.:)

Reactions: 5 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
6.4 this morning after another rough night off to church and seeing my little brother later

Reactions: 11 people

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
Morning , after a week of 6s, 7s and 8s and I dont know why, im back to 4.8 today. Counting down to going to Cornwall for a week next Saturday.

I dont think we're going to get the brilliant weather we had down there when we went last September.

Reactions: 13 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Got up at 6:50 and recorded a 5.8, went back to bed and got up again after going back to sleep etc etc and had a 5.6 at 9:50. Now for some brekkie and lower numbers for the rest of the day.

Reactions: 11 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hope everyone's having a nice Sunday. It's not a bad day in Newcastle. Sun is shining anyway. I must have been very tired because I didn't wake up until past 11 this morning. And only then as Mr AJ brought me breakfast in bed. What a star. BG was 5.6 eventhough I took it much later than usual today. I'll settle for that. Think it's going to be a nice, chilled, relaxing Sunday. Good for the soul. Enjoy you day folks, whatever it is you're doing. :happy:

image.jpg

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 this morning. Went to a friend's yesterday afternoon and all the others had Asda pizzas and garlic bread, but I took bolognese sauce and some spiralised courgettes. It was really tasty and I didn't feel I missed out at all :hungry: Lazy day today before back to school tomorrow....

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Hi All

Got a fairly nasty 6.6 this morning, not what I expected. Back down to 5.5 before tea though so maybe not that bad....