Type 2 Life

D

debrasue

Hi Folks :) - At the Hospital this morning, told Consultant Steriod Injections had 'failed' but had affected my blood sugars by sending them up! Blood test results showed my Ferritin Level is down to 17, so to take Ferrous Fumarate every day (and not 1 every 3 days) my Vitamin D level is low and have to take 2 Omega 3 capsules every day. Having a Ultrasound Scan tomorrow on my Liver at the Hospital. And attending GP Surgery to see their Diabetes Nurse tomorrow afternoon.
Oh dear, that's not the news we were hoping to hear. :( Poor William, not out of the woods yet then, hun.
I'm not surprised your vitamin D levels are low - bloody weather...
:grumpy:

Reactions: 2 people

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Best wishes to those not running at 100%

I have lost another 3lbs this week so I'm currently at

Drum Roll ..........

12st 2lbs the magic 12st is within sight

Think I need to wear a muzzle for a week lol

S

Sable_Jan

Drum Roll ..........

I can lend you one What size do you need. Got sizes 6 to 9

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
He really should be signed off work. It's not right him working through all that pain and the bgs so up and down ....
He wont stop working . Even his mum has said he should stop. No point in me saying anything as he don't listen. Tonight he has lost his balance again in the kitchen and he is telling me he's ok, when I know he's not . Stubborn to the last .

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

Well his BG levels have been climbing today . 5.8 at breakfast , 6.8 at lunch and he messaged me before he left work to say they were 7.8. Well it turned out that after he had his lunch he forgot to take his metformin . That is the second time this month he has done that. I would put it down to forgetfulness but he has got an app on his phone to remind him to take it . On a funny note every time he has taken it and I go to kiss him he keeps burping . Sorry but when that happens I just cant stop laughing . Is that natural after taking metformin?
I've heard it called 'metfartin' but not 'metburpin'

S

Sable_Jan

He wont stop working . Even his mum has said he should stop. No point in me saying anything as he don't listen. Tonight he has lost his balance again in the kitchen and he is telling me he's ok, when I know he's not . Stubborn to the last .
Stubborn as a ..
@eldergarth (got the right one haven't I?) If you won't listen to @tina_marie, listen to your body........ Please, we worry about you

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
When was his blood pressure last checked @tina_marie ?

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Stubborn as a ..
@eldergarth (got the right one haven't I?) If you won't listen to @tina_marie, listen to your body........ Please, we worry about you
And I appreciate all of you for all your care and support but I'm not working for my own good being the only bread winner I have to work through the pain to keep the bills paid it's a sad fact of life that we have to do to look after our loved ones and it's what I have always done .
I've got two weeks holiday at end this week and that will be my recovery time ready for the next stint .
So it's never about being stubborn just doing what I have to to keep the roof over our heads while I still can .

Sent from my HTC Desire 820 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

D

debrasue

And I appreciate all of you for all your care and support but I'm not working for my own good being the only bread winner I have to work through the pain to keep the bills paid it's a sad fact of life that we have to do to look after our loved ones and it's what I have always done .
I've got two weeks holiday at end this week and that will be my recovery time ready for the next stint .
So it's never about being stubborn just doing what I have to to keep the roof over our heads while I still can .

I get you, Ron, I really do.
I've been like that my whole life - the longest I've ever been without a job since I was 16 is the 5 months I took off when I first retired 5 years ago. It's an attitude of mind; a sense of duty we were either born with or which was instilled into us from the time we were children, and it's not something we do to be martyrs or cause pain and worry to those we love. It doesn't even feel as if it's a matter of choice.
But I've come to realise that causing pain and worry IS what we do, along with making ourselves worse and risking our long-term health, which in turn puts more pressure and stress on the people closest to us. I have turned my husband into something of a basket case - nowadays he's a nervous wreck if I stumble or trip, because he's had to nurse me through the long and painful aftermath of a couple of serious falls (one of which left me in a wheelchair for a year and now permanently disabled).
So I think it might be time to take that strong sense of duty and responsibility and turn it towards finding a way of arranging life for you and Tina so that you can continue to be together, enjoy each other's company, and safeguard your health for the future - while you still can...
Big hugs, Ron - I know this isn't easy for you. xxx

D

debrasue

Hi Folks :) - At the Hospital this morning, told Consultant Steriod Injections had 'failed' but had affected my blood sugars by sending them up! Blood test results showed my Ferritin Level is down to 17, so to take Ferrous Fumarate every day (and not 1 every 3 days) my Vitamin D level is low and have to take 2 Omega 3 capsules every day. Having a Ultrasound Scan tomorrow on my Liver at the Hospital. And attending GP Surgery to see their Diabetes Nurse tomorrow afternoon.
What did the consultant say about the steroid injections not working?

Reactions: 3 people
D

debrasue

Drum Roll ..........

Brilliant result - not so much of a walrus as you like to pretend, then, Cumbs! LOL
Well done!

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
When was his blood pressure last checked @tina_marie ?
The nurse did it at his last review in May but Ron checks it himself although hes not done it for a couple of weeks . He also weights himself and I check his feet .

S

Sable_Jan

Sorry to hear that Ron. I'm sorry I didn't really think about that. Although the sickness policy was **** in general if I was off sick I got full pay. my true apologies for having made you explain

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
A nice mild sunny morning here until early afternoon I think ,so I've already had a spot at deadheading all my roses and cleaning up after last nights blustery storm:)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
What did the consultant say about the steroid injections not working?

It was written down in my case notes and Consultant said: 'Lets see what the results are from your Liver Scan, and deal with that situation and I'll see you again in 6 week's = that was it.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Morning folks, I'm a bit late on parade today - woke up at 4 am with a sneezing fit! I couldn't drop off again for ages so I had a bit of a lie in. A finished college yesterday so he's busily planning his social life! There's a free festival at our War Memorial Park this weekend so he's meeting some of his friends there. I'm being brave this time, usually I walk up there with him but this time I'm going to the Hobbycrafts show at the NEC so he'll have to make his own way up.

Reactions: 7 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I get you, Ron, I really do.
I've been like that my whole life - the longest I've ever been without a job since I was 16 is the 5 months I took off when I first retired 5 years ago. It's an attitude of mind; a sense of duty we were either born with or which was instilled into us from the time we were children, and it's not something we do to be martyrs or cause pain and worry to those we love. It doesn't even feel as if it's a matter of choice.
But I've come to realise that causing pain and worry IS what we do, along with making ourselves worse and risking our long-term health, which in turn puts more pressure and stress on the people closest to us. I have turned my husband into something of a basket case - nowadays he's a nervous wreck if I stumble or trip, because he's had to nurse me through the long and painful aftermath of a couple of serious falls (one of which left me in a wheelchair for a year and now permanently disabled).
So I think it might be time to take that strong sense of duty and responsibility and turn it towards finding a way of arranging life for you and Tina so that you can continue to be together, enjoy each other's company, and safeguard your health for the future - while you still can...
Big hugs, Ron - I know this isn't easy for you. xxx
@eldergarth I agree with the girls.
Look, maybe keep it in mind or maybe going part-time and @tina_marie do part-time. If no young children or childcare costs. Maybe a shared role. Shared chores and cooking too?
I'm sure you can tweek things to protect your health more.
Give it a think? You and @tina_marie know what will work better for your household and circumstances.
Enjoy your holiday together.:)

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
@eldergarth I agree with the girls.
Look, maybe keep it in mind or maybe going part-time and @tina_marie do part-time. If no young children or childcare costs. Maybe a shared role. Shared chores and cooking too?
I'm sure you can tweek things to protect your health more.
Give it a think? You and @tina_marie know what will work better for your household and circumstances.
Enjoy your holiday together.:)
Hi Vicky , I did work part time but with overtime as well . I gave it up to look after Ron as he was struggling and though that it was better to be here where I could be on hand when needed. My employer made it very difficult to keep working and do that at the same time . They made it clear that if I didn't work when they needed me to then they would have no choice but to sack me .