Type 2 Life

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Pretty quiet here today....suppose everyone's out enjoying the glorious sunshine down south. It's dull, grey and cool here - a paltry 19C at 5.30pm. No barbecues here lol. :)
Watching the speedway world cup.

Reactions: 5 people

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I remember watching Ivan Mauger at Exeter when he rode for the Falcons.

D

debrasue

This lake is in the park.

PICT0230_zpseqfzhoeq.jpg
That's beautiful, and so restful.........

Reactions: 2 people
D

debrasue

I cooked pasta bolagnese laast night with 2 finely chopped onions, 2 cloves of garlic, 8 oz of minced beef, 1/2 a can of chopped tomatoes, thyme, 8 oz of pasta twists (tricolore fusilli). today I@m making Jamaican stew curry chicken and rice.

This morning my fasting blood glucose was 5.8 mmol.

Take care, my lovely friends, and I'm sorry a few of you have been feeling poorly. Get well soon and much love and hugs and best wishes to you from Stockwell in South London on PC 1 at Tate South Lambeth Public Library where I am operating this account.
Hey, Johnny (@autisticwonder1970) - I didn't realise you were such a chef; well done! Good work on your FBGs lately, too - you are really getting to grips with this, despite all of us nagging you about your Devil Carbs. :)
Keep winning!
Hugs x

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
That's beautiful, and so restful.........
And less than a mile from my front door. Was on the trail around there yesterday sitting on a bench when two dragon flies flew past me both travelling at a serene rate straight up the centre of the trail path they both were red and gold and I swear they were each about four inches long.

D

debrasue

And less than a mile from my front door. Was on the trail around there yesterday sitting on a bench when two dragon flies flew past me both travelling at a serene rate straight up the centre of the trail path they both were red and gold and I swear they were each about four inches long.
Gorgeous! You are so lucky to have that on your doorstep - I'm very envious.
Funnily enough, I have been watching a dragonfly this week, too. He's been visiting our pond each day and is magnificent - huge and shimmering in blue and green. I've been dying to show the grandchildren, but he hasn't shown up when they visit yet.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
You lucky thing! The only time I've seen dragonflies in the wild is when we went on holiday to Scotland last summer. My cousin took us to see the Kelpies and there were some amazing examples on the nature trail

Reactions: 6 people

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
My ponds not big enough to home dragonflies and it won't be my pond anymore when we get a moving date

Beautiful clusters of them fly close to the lake edge and grass at Ullswater noticed a lot one year fascinating to watch

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Was down there again today but no dragon flies this time but loads of different species of birds and butter flies Walking along it made me think of this.

Reactions: 9 people
D

debrasue

Was down there again today but no dragon flies this time but loads of different species of birds and butter flies Walking along it made me think of this.

Love that song - I often sing it to myself at the top of my lungs when I'm driving on a nice day, along with Summertime. (I have to sing to myself, as I wouldn't inflict my singing on anyone else. I know for a fact it wouldn't bring them the same amount of pleasure that it brings me, LOL!)
:joyful:

Reactions: 4 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Morning. Feeling rested and better, still a bit wheezy/chesty but not as bad. FBG 7.9 mmol/l. Body temp 36.6C so yay ! :) Hungry and just about to have hot breakfast and do insulin and stuff, hate finger pricking - it's worse than the injection lol. ;)

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Morning. Feeling rested and better, still a bit wheezy/chesty but not as bad. FBG 7.9 mmol/l. Body temp 36.6C so yay ! :) Hungry and just about to have hot breakfast and do insulin and stuff, hate finger pricking - it's worse than the injection lol. ;)
Sending you hugs Eddie - I've been wheezy because of my hay fever

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all! The furniture moving bug seems to have hit me this morning. Which might mean I need careful supervision with shopping for new bits of furniture later on in the week. My original plan for the littlest bedroom never really took off, so I'm turning it into a music room/study. I do quite a lot of admin type work at home, and it was beginning to take over the sitting room more than I liked!

It's good exercise all this going up and down stairs with book cases and files.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Going to be interesting to see what effect on blood sugars by not taking any Metformin for today and tomorrow (48 hours) - due to have a MRI Scan with Contrast dye on Wednesday morning. This morning's fasting was 5.6 - never expected that as they have mostly been in the 6's since taking Steriod Tablets.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Must be the effect of you reducing your steroid dosage on Saturday William. How are the side effects now?

Reactions: 9 people

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I'm either going to see my Neurologist or my vascular surgeon this afternoon don't know which as when daughter took appointment over the phone she swears they said vascular but the place is where I normally see Neurologist and some one looked it up on computer for me it's down as neurology so will be interesting to see who turns up. If neuro going to request to try stepping down preds again but he was pretty emphatic last time I asked

William I hope you come off them as soon as is safely possible

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@JohnEGreen -Thanks John and I Hope everything was OK on your visit to the Neurology. :)

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
I'm either going to see my Neurologist or my vascular surgeon this afternoon don't know which as when daughter took appointment over the phone she swears they said vascular but the place is where I normally see Neurologist and some one looked it up on computer for me it's down as neurology so will be interesting to see who turns up. If neuro going to request to try stepping down preds again but he was pretty emphatic last time I asked

William I hope you come off them as soon as is safely possible
Got my neurology Friday hoping to finally get some answers hope all went well with yours

Sent from my HTC Desire 820 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app