1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, Royal Holloway, University of London are conducting a study to understand how people with diabetes create and share knowledge online. Get involved here »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 2 Life

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by emptyplate, Aug 4, 2015.

1. eldergarth

eldergarth Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thanks Vicky I found my scooter on flea bay this elderly bloke brought it because of his blood disorder and then was told by his doctor not to use it as would make him worse so he never used it and was just Sat in his garage for a year so I got a £1,100 scooter for £350 what a bargain.
    I have only found sites for ME that give info on symptoms and diagnosis which has answered all the questions I have wanted answers to since all this started just need the referral now.
    You should never be shy or ashamed of using a scooter Vicky its all about getting the freedom back and making it easier for you and others that need them.
    I think my biggest problem is my confusion and memories I have lost an awful lot of good memories mine and Tina's wedding day has gone most days I don't have a glue what I did yesterday, what day it is and what I have just watched on TV and thank God for spell checker as my spelling is getting worse never mind stringing a sentence together it takes me while it took me about an hour to do my first post today.
    I really hope they get the answers and relief that you deserve Vicky and I will give you race when you get your scooter

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  2. DCUKMod

DCUKMod · Moderator
    Staff Member

Good to see, despite all your challenges that you have managed to hang onto your sense of humour.

I don't, thankfully, have any personal experiences of ME/CFS, but I have found the Health Unlocked forums to be generally good for information: https://healthunlocked.com/meandcfssupport

Keep fighting the good fight. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. JohnnyBaker12021970

JohnnyBaker12021970 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Dearest Ron (@eldergarth), much love and cuddles to you, my dear, kind friend. I'm so happy the good Lord has been answering my prayers for your lovely kind self - God is so good, by the stripes of Christ. I like to pray, it's one of my ritualistic routines in my Autism Spectrum Disorder as my faith in Jesus is very important to me. I'm so sorry to hear of your M.E and your immobility, I'm praying for major healing for you. I really love you and Tina and Debra, Vicky and Anna on Type 2 Life and I think about you all, somewhere in the United Kingdom, even when I'm not logged on to the Forum. I've grown a lot as a person, and an individual, since I opened my account with http://www.diabetes.co.uk and I'm highly thankful to all my friends on the Forum. Oh and by the way, I love BBC News 24, too, it's how I keep up with what's going on in the world. It makes me cry, sometimes, when I think of the horrid predicament the world is in, and it makes me very emotional. That's why I love to support http://www.38.degrees.com and http://www.avaaz.org and sign tons of petitions and start campaigns to opt for a better deal for those with austerity problems and to promote fairness and equality for all.

Much love, Ron, hugs and thinking of you, this day, tomorrow and for evermore.

Your friend,

Johnny (@JohnnyBaker12021970 xXx), a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome, Adult ADHD and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Expert

5. eldergarth

Thanks for the link and to be honest some days it does feel like that my sense of humour is the only thing I have left of the normal me and I'm fighting to keep it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. eldergarth

Thank you Johnny you are a true angel and from what I have been reading on catching up on your posts you are doing a brilliant job of getting your diabetes under control and you have come along way since you joined us on this forum keep up the good work Johnny and don't worry to much about the cigarettes one day it will all fall into place and you will be able to give them up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Expert

Little one was sent home after being sick at school yesterday so...... calpol and games today. He's well enough for school but not allowed back for 48hrs after a bug. Hoping he's back tomorrow as I bought 10yr old a new tablet yesterday but want to check it out asap for Santa. 4yr old has one from Sants too with bounce-proof cover and travel cover.
    Virgin internet will be hammered xmas morning, in our house.
    I hope Santa brings me a new phone. Mine is so sloooow. I'll empty it and give to 10yr old to lose.o_O

8. tina_marie

tina_marie Don't have diabetes · Well-Known Member

Did he go back to school in the end?

• Like Like x 1
  9. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Expert

Yes. He was fine at school yesterday. Luckily. He refuses foods which are too cold, mainly milk.
    The dietician will be pleased, he's lost weight again. Tall and not overweight but thick boned maybe like mr ickihum's x-rays show.
    He goes off his food for milk, whenever he can. He says "no", a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  10. JohnnyBaker12021970

I'm cooking a lovely roast Silverside of beef on 180 to 190 Degrees Celsius for just over 2 hours and 5 minutes for myself and 2 friends, plus a dinner for Ioanna. I'm going to serve it with potatoes roasted and cooked in a little Sunflower Oil and meat juices. We're also having peas, cauliflower and broccoli which is lightly steamed on a moderate heat.

• Like Like x 3
  11. tina_marie

Another hospital appointment that turned into a complete waste of time .

• Hug Hug x 2
  12. JohnnyBaker12021970

Good Morning, my lovely friends, @eldergarth, @tina_marie, @ickihun, @debrasue, @13lizanne, @TooManyCrisps, @Diamum5972 and @Guzzler, today, Friday 17th November 2017 Anno Domini at 8:18 Ante Meridian Greenwich Mean Time, with much love and incessant, detailed interest in you fine peeps,

I am posting to impart to you that I had a wonderful night's sleep last night and this morning ingested a tomato sandwich made with 1 sliced tomato, a pinch of salt and 2 slices of Sainsbury's Bloomer White Crusty Bread with poppy seeds on it and drank a mug of tea with semi-skimmed milk, 1 Sainsbury's Basics' tea bag and 2 teaspoonfuls of Sainsbury's Sucralose Artificial Granulated Sweetener and my blood glucose was, before meds, a very good 6.6 Millimoles Per Litre. I've also smoked 7 hand-rolled Holborn Yellow Tobacco cigarettes and drank 2 mugs of tap water in my navy blue Yorkie mug with the word Yorkie written in yellow letters.

Lots of love,

From,

Johnny xXx, a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome and Adult ADHD.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Expert

Oh god. What?

Woke very tired so I'm slow to keep up. Too many quality streets on monday. Still putting sugars right and sleeping but no livelier. Just a reminder of what sugar does to me.
    No added sugar xmas it is, for me. :( it just makes me ill unless I pump myself with insulin and get water tummy and add weight which demoralises my efforts throughout the year.
    I'm made a new thread for Christmas treats as many still enjoy christmas extras. I appreciate the ideas.

Is my mate ok?

14. JohnnyBaker12021970

My medication and Lixisenatide subcutaneous injection has been complied by and I had 1 more tomato sandwich because I was feeling minimally hungry.

My blood glucose reading at 10:15 Ante Meridian GMT was 9.1 Millimoles Per Litre. It was a likelihood it was that shocking Sainsbury's Bloomer White Crusty Bread with Poppy Seeds with 33.3 g of devil carbs in them that caused my hyperglycaemia.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. JohnnyBaker12021970

With my Asperger Syndrome, I don't like cold food and drinks either, especially if it's just come out of the fridge, it makes me retch and can bring on a meltdown. I also don't like eating cold or reheated meat, cold pork and cold chicken is the worst, it makes me heave. I like everything to served fresh. Even ready meals have been known on the opposite level to scald me because of my inability to determine its temperature. This is the autism spectrum sensory sensitivity symptom which affects auditory, visual, olfactory, tactile and gustatory senses.

• Hug Hug x 1
  16. tina_marie

Ron has been to kingsmill hospital for the ENT appointment. We were there about ten minutes. They can't find anything either , so they are going to get Ron to have a barium swallow test ,in the meantime the Dr has prescribed flixonase because everytime he eats he needs to blow his nose . Today however Ron got an appointment with our gp who has agreed to get Ron a referal to Derby hospital to check out if he has M.E. as he seems to think Ron certainly fits the bill. Ron says your naughty for eating them chocolates .lol

Sent from my HTC One A9 using DCUK Forum mobile app

• Hug Hug x 1
  17. JohnnyBaker12021970

My blood glucose was a brilliant 5.2 mmol/L today and my blood pressure was a totes healthy 126/71.

18. JohnnyBaker12021970

I had a ready meal of 2 bangers, mash and peas in a lovely gravy and a mug of instant coffee with milk powder and Hermesetas granulated sweetener.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook