Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Greg1957

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Prunes
Started yesterday at 10 and this morning at 9.3 prior to my evening meal I was 4.7 things are going the right way, the low carb diet seems to be doing the job, cooking all my veg in butter and cream, it is so filling, perhaps admin could start a new heading, low carb recipes, we could all share our culinary secrets, if anyone knows an admin representative, could they suggest this. Just one simple rule, only 10% recipes should have tomatoe, lol

Could someone from admin also look at images, when I started I could take a photo, then upload from my image gallery, now when I click on the image icon it asks for the image URL not being a genius, I have been unable to add images, if we are putting up recipes, images are essential, and perhaps some video.

Last edited:

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @NewTD2 Good luck in January hope it not T1.5 Lada , not exactly knowing about this there seems so many new types now but again their are others on here with the same type 1.5 LADA diabetes has I've seen it on the home page so plenty of information for you should you be diagnosed with this type. And allways remember we all fall off the wagon so to speak from time to time, we are only human so if this happens stay on here and post to others. Talking about how you feel with others does help, I do wish you well I've been type2 for 17 years and never had a clue how to manage my diabetes until I found this site 2 years ago. Wished this had been around then and of course the technology , but it's here now for others like yourself good luck. K

Thank you very much for your kind words!

Whatever happens in January I’m leaving everything in God’s hands. If it’s T 1.5 or LDA it’s fine.

Just want to make sure I’m prepared to face and cope with it for the rest of my life!

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
6.1 at 4:50 am.

I thought this was the low chat thread.

Only if you want it to be a few lines or comments I’d say were ok but some I admit are over the top but I can’t find the talkie thread

Reactions: JanetMcDowell
D

Deleted member 308541

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
So I’ve acquired the dreaded sore throat that usually preceded the cold. Bg at 12.15 was 9 I don’t usually check at 12.15 so I’ve got nothing to compare it with. I’m usually well controlled with meds and insulin but I’ve not eaten properly or regularly today so my insulin is down too. The s cold certainly is explains my yo-yo week of hypos and higher than normal readings.