Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
Not when I woke up, as I forgot to take testing kit to bed, but after house work at 10.45 and fasting since I came home from work last night and had brie and jamon at 11pm My reading was a 11.7
Had dentist yesterday teatime for root treatment and still pretty sore so maybe that and painkillers is bumping up levels?

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
5.9 this morning - not too bad considering the late evening meal of rump steak! Over 1½ hours exercise yesterday also (had some very expensive chocolates to work off!)
Rump steak is perfect low carb food, chocolates not so much :D but good for the spirit

Reactions: Knighthawk22

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
Rump steak is perfect low carb food, chocolates not so much :D but good for the spirit
Lovely rump steak from Aldi - done on the griddle.

Only 3 chocolates - and they were from Hotel Chocolat - shall we say more'ish?! Yum - I did 40 mins walk after work to walk off the effects.

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
In hospital (in Australia) - day 3 after double knee replacement on Tuesday. Fasting at 6am was 4.9 - night nurse totally panicked - wouldn't let me get up to go to the loo and immediately brought me 6 Jatz crackers with cheese (think in UK - Ritz are the equivalent). By breakfast 2 hours later - surprise surprise, I'd risen to 9.7. Now 2 hours after a breakfast of cheese and tomato omelette (and insulin) it's back to 7.7. Will see what lunchtime brings..........

Hugs and lots of love to you. Hope you are recovering well.

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
Lovely rump steak from Aldi - done on the griddle.

Only 3 chocolates - and they were from Hotel Chocolat - shall we say more'ish?! Yum - I did 40 mins walk after work to walk off the effects.
I feel another walk after work coming on - bad day for treats in the office today!