Type two low carb eureka moment

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
You were right all along . I knew it,

A week ago I finally decided that I wanted to seriously try the low carb thing. I know it works, lots of people have tried it and commented on this forum.

So I’m only 6 days in and I’ve halved my insulin (Humalin m3) and my fbg is stable around 6. Ok it could be lower but I’m so happy, I’ll get on the scales tomorrow morning and I’m hoping I’ve lost something , anything. I’ve cut down my carbs to 50 to 75 g (no bread pasta potato chocolate crisps etc) each day which I’m finding it relatively easy to follow. ( at the moment ) I feel full , I don’t want to snack, and most importantly, I’ve only had one hypo -why didn’t someone tell me about this before ?! Tongue firmly in cheek.

Over this past year, I’ve have finally moved from victoza to humalin m3 and I have put on 2 stone (30 lb) but my hba1c has gone from 8.1 to 9.1 to 7.1 it’s my annual CVA / Diabetes review in November

I can’t believe how seriously I’ve taken this since moving onto insulin- it’s been the catalyst that I desperately needed.

Last edited:

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If a mod saw this post he/she would tell you to put it in Diabetes Discussions no offence intended.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goacher55

that is absolutely wonderful news. I am delighted that YOU are so delighted!

just to reassure you, there is absolutely nothing wrong with having your thread here in 'general chat'
- but if you want more people to see your triumphal news, then let me know (by saying so on this thread) and i will move it to where more people will see it. :D