Type1. Diabetes and lung cancer

sisteract17

Hi. I am posting a question on behalf of my brother who has type 1 diabetes and injects twice daily. He has recently had a complete left lung removal. I have read lots of stuff about lung removal but I am looking for someone who might share the same experience as my brother being a diabetic and having lung removed. Is the recovery time much less than a person without lung caner? He is doing really well in my opinion and has not smoked since before the lung removal but he is a man who likes to know what he is dealing with. I would value your honest opinions please. Thank you.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi. I am posting a question on behalf of my brother who has type 1 diabetes and injects twice daily. He has recently had a complete left lung removal. I have read lots of stuff about lung removal but I am looking for someone who might share the same experience as my brother being a diabetic and having lung removed. Is the recovery time much less than a person without lung caner? He is doing really well in my opinion and has not smoked since before the lung removal but he is a man who likes to know what he is dealing with. I would value your honest opinions please. Thank you.

Sisteract17, I can't answer your question, but just wanted to wish your brother well.

A former colleague of mine had a lobe removed, due to early LC (Doc saw clubbing on his finger nails, at the end of a BUPA Company MOT, and heard an alarm bell). He is well, going strong about 15 years later and he remains indebted to that Doc and her instinct.

Reactions: Freema

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I can't relate to the cancer. But I can to T1.. All I can offer is for him to concentrate on steady diabetes managment. This will surely help!
Wishing you & your bro all the best.
Maybe he could join this forum & get a few tips first hand?