Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
This arrived in my inbox this morning, rather funny take on living life with diabetes from a lady's perspective:

btw, don't worry the insulin pen doesn't have a needle attached :)

Reactions: 16 people
S

Shar67

The bag issue, what do type 1 men do, are they all running around with cargo trousers with a hundred pockets. Not the greatest fashion statement, what with the sensible shoes and milk bottle thick glasses.

Reactions: 4 people

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
She's after my heart; is she available? :bag:

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
One thing that's not on the list that I've just done is this...brush teeth, get ready for bed, test, I'm at 4.7, take some dextrose, go back and brush teeth. So bloody annoying!

Reactions: 13 people

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
The bag issue, what do type 1 men do, are they all running around with cargo trousers with a hundred pockets. Not the greatest fashion statement, what with the sensible shoes and milk bottle thick glasses.

It's what hats, jackets and rucksacks are for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 people

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh yeah, the days of carrying a small, elegant bag are long since gone !
However, hoying what looks like a dumpy bag of pharmacy supplies around I consider to be part of my exercise regime. My biceps are to die for :D Plus any mugger would think twice, a belt from that would stun 'em for days, and if they managed to wrestle it from me, they would be slowed down considerably by the drag factor :eek:

Signy

Reactions: 9 people

Flowerpot

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Any bag snatcher would be justifiably seriously hacked off if they did manage to wrestle my bag away from me. I would imagine it would be hastily returned when the contents were unloaded to reveal a stash of diabetic supplies plus a load of used strips, lancets, hospital appointment cards and if their luck was in and I was on the way to a diabetes clinic maybe a urine sample.

Reactions: 13 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

That's why I'm married, my wife's handbag looks just like the young lady's in the video ;)

Reactions: 5 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
It's a bit over the top for me:eek: lol, but as someone mentioned, at least it's something about type 1.;)

Reactions: 5 people

AndyS

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yup cargo pants with, not necessarily lots of pockets, big pockets!