Type2

kellie130473

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Took my blood sugars 3x today this morning it was 19.2 lunch time it was 12.5 teatime it was 15.4 now.i rang my gp because I've had ketones and blurred vision constantly in loo and always thirsty there response was someone will contact u in a couple of days its not important enough to deal with what am I supposed to do

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You can call 111 for advise.

What number ketones, and by urine strip or blood prick?
What did you eat today ?

When diagnosed and what hba1c?

if you are a T 2 and not on insulin or other bg lowering meds, you may find going onto a low carb diet may lower those numbers. But that will take time so 111 if you are worried

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Welcome to the forum @kellie130473
I'd ring 111 or go to A&E. It's important you get medical help today. Do let us know how you get on. How high were your ketones?

Reactions: Antje77

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Took my blood sugars 3x today this morning it was 19.2 lunch time it was 12.5 teatime it was 15.4 now.i rang my gp because I've had ketones and blurred vision constantly in loo and always thirsty there response was someone will contact u in a couple of days its not important enough to deal with what am I supposed to do
Hi @kellie130473 & welcome to the forum :)

Were these numbers after you’d eaten? What kind of foods do you eat? We can’t diagnose or give medical advice on the forum, but if I was in your position and at all worried I would be calling 111 especially if you aren’t feeling well.

In the meantime if you do eat carbs like potatoes, rice, bread pasta I would consider reducing them or cutting them out altogether to see if that brings your numbers down

Reactions: AloeSvea

kellie130473

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @kellie130473 & welcome to the forum :)

Were these numbers after you’d eaten? What kind of foods do you eat? We can’t diagnose or give medical advice on the forum, but if I was in your position and at all worried I would be calling 111 especially if you aren’t feeling well.

In the meantime if you do eat carbs like potatoes, rice, bread pasta I would consider reducing them or cutting them out altogether to see if that brings your numbers down
Hi these number were 2 hrs after I had eaten I have been quite poorly with it over last 3 days I spoke to a nurse and she said that they definitely weren't perfect and call 111 or see gp in morning the thing is I'm on trajentin and metformin 2 tablets in morning and 1 at night after or before meals and yet it still hasn't come down

kellie130473

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi these number were 2 hrs after I had eaten I have been quite poorly with it over last 3 days I spoke to a nurse and she said that they definitely weren't perfect and call 111 or see gp in morning the thing is I'm on trajentin and metformin 2 tablets in morning and 1 at night after or before meals and yet it still hasn't come down
I just wandered if I'm doing something wrong my diabetic nurse basically told what I could and couldn't eat I don't eat much and brown bread and pasta are a staple in my house

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Ring 111 because of the ketones alongside the high blood glucose.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I just wandered if I'm doing something wrong my diabetic nurse basically told what I could and couldn't eat I don't eat much and brown bread and pasta are a staple in my house
Type 2 and high carb foods don't usually go together - but the medications you are taking increases the output of insulin, and supposedly also improves response to insulin so doing low carb could result, eventually in low glucose levels.

mouseee

Have a good look around here as many of us on here have got our numbers down with low carb and there are loads of different ways people have reduced carbs.
Prepare yourself that you might have to find alternatives to bread of any kind and pasta!