Verio IQ Meters reading high......

Paul8020

Hi all,

I just wanted to ask people who use the Verio IQ if you have found that it reads high compared to your previous / other meters?

I have now been sent 2 meters and both read hig by 20-30% than my current Onetouch meter. Now whilst this isn't a major issue if your readings are on the high side (it might even help drive your level down) my concern is when your levels are lower.

For example if I feel low and test on theVerio IQ and my level is 5.2 my assumption would be I am OK and there is something else wrong..... but if I test at the same time I on my old meter I am sub 4!! Thus need a little pick up.

Lifescan tell me this is fine and all to do with new legislatin and that the readings are closer to Lab test results, but how does that help if I am about to get into my car? This really does concern me as I feel people may drive thinking their levels are significantly higher than they really are.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? I really like the features of this meter but have zero confidence in its readings.....

Paul

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Used to have one some years ago. Really liked the meter, but found the same always reading slightly higher. Although within the 20% tolerance didn't trust it. With any metre, if reading 5~6 and hungry I have a small snack, cause chances are readings wrong,or dropping quick. Use a metre as a guide but also go off how you feel. Always test first as sometimes as high can give same symptoms

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

Eleanor1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hate having to watch everything I eat. Diabetes
I've just started using the Verio IQ and my readings are higher without doing anything different with food/exercise. The morning reading has been higher and have just got it into range by increasing lantus by a few units. I suspected the meter as my morning readings have been between 6 - 7.9 of late and now they are well over 8. I understand the comment about driving too as it could lead to a false sense of security and sometimes I don't feel that different if I am just dropping below 5 (don't drive if you're under 5!). Will give the Verio a few weeks and then will go back to my trusty Contour XT if I'm still not happy with it.