1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

very pleased with my reading today

Discussion in 'Success Stories and Testimonials' started by barakiah, Jun 19, 2017 at 9:55 PM.

1. barakiah

barakiah Type 2 · Member

I was diagnosed with type two in November 2016 my readings were 51 or 6.6 I immediately had to teach myself and learn all about diabetes as I new nothing about it beforehand so I booked myself on a six week xpert course I joined this site I read books and started to do my own low fat diet, after 3 months I went to see the diabetic nurse and my readings had gone down to 46. I continued over the last 3 months and contunued with my diet im not on any medication and now have lost 2stone 4 pounds. my reading today was 42. so the diabetic nurse was really pleased with me, I am going to continue with my plan to reverse this type two and get further down into the normal range and doing this with no medication. I hope that anyone who is newly diagnosed will read this and its true you can get the readings down without medication, I count everything everyday that I eat that's carbs suger and caleries and write it down in my book my fasting this morning was 4.8 hope this helps

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Horsham109

Horsham109 Type 2 · Member

Well done Barakiah, great results!

3. barakiah

barakiah Type 2 · Member

thankyou fr your reply glad you have done well as well lets hope we both carryon doing well, kathy

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook