Victoza Shortage

chrischelt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi all,

I'm not sure if this post is in the right area so please forgive me if it isn't but I was curious if anybody else who is T2 and on Victoza is finding it difficult to obtain. I have been on this injection for a few months now and recently everywhere I try to get it from says they don't have it and aren't able to get it. My GP surgery prescribed Victoza over Ozempic because of a supply issue with that and I've ended up in the same boat anyway :(

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I only got part of my prescription last week, I’m waiting to see if my pharmacy will manage to get more before I run out.

Reactions: chrischelt

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Hi all,

I'm not sure if this post is in the right area so please forgive me if it isn't but I was curious if anybody else who is T2 and on Victoza is finding it difficult to obtain. I have been on this injection for a few months now and recently everywhere I try to get it from says they don't have it and aren't able to get it. My GP surgery prescribed Victoza over Ozempic because of a supply issue with that and I've ended up in the same boat anyway :(
Mine has just arrived so you may be lucky, I heard it was a shortage of plastic for the syringes.

jonathanchinn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

Hi good morning,
I am in the UK and although some of my prescriptions were late and there are many strongly enough my victory was late by a day or two. I get 2 with my 4 weekly order and this time one cane after the other.
I called to check what the issue was and it wasn't due to shortage it was that the re-order member of staff hadn't re-stocked on Diabetic related meds insulin included, she won't make that error again!
Anyway my pharmacist is a relatively small business in Chester in the UK.
I have been assured no problems!
Regards Johnny

pelle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Nasty people
Hi all,

I was on Victoria the my diabetic consultant changed me onto ozempic ( I can't remember why) but now ozempic can't be sought by my pharmacy or anywhere else locally so now I've been put on Trulicity, I've not tried it yet, I'm a little worried as it apparently can increase the heart rate and I've already got AF and angina, but I am assured by my transplant team that it should be ok to use.
I was told because big companies have bought the supplies of ozempic etc and are selling them for big bucks is the reason for them being scarce, I don't know how true that is though

Kim_C

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I'm on Trulicity and I received a text from my surgery to say there was a shortage and I may have to temporarily stop the medication as they have no alternatives at the moment :(

• Hug
Reactions: EllieM
D

Deleted member 571965

There's shortages everywhere, namely because non-diabetics are fuelling the craze for GLP-1s and it's more profitable to sell on the open market.

Kim_C

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
There's shortages everywhere, namely because non-diabetics are fuelling the craze for GLP-1s and it's more profitable to sell on the open market.
I read that private clinics are buying them all for weight loss, which is very unfair on those that actually need them

• Agree
Reactions: Rachox and Mo R