Vitamins

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Do any of you take any Vitamins and of so which one do you have I am sure I would benefit from taking one.

Reactions: jpscloud

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have an electrolyte drink everyday for magnesium & potassium, I also take B12, collagen & folic acid - but I take those for my hair, I experienced hair thinning when I hit menopause and I’ve been on these about 18 months and have seen a massive difference- it did take about 8 months though. I don’t take anything specifically for my diabetes.

• Informative

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do any of you take any Vitamins and of so which one do you have I am sure I would benefit from taking one.
Usually when a diet is balanced you should get everything you need. Yet a lot of people remain vitamin D deficient, (like yours truly), and some meds can inhibit the uptake of vitamins from a food source, so... It might be an idea to get some bloodwork done and see if you're actually deficient in anything, rather than throwing something at it at random. Is there a reason why you're thinking vitamins now? Personally, I try and get enough vitamin D through ridiculous amounts of fatty fish, as the supplements give me migraines, but other than that I might throw in some vits and mins like a B-complex (Especially for B1, B6 and B12), zinc, selenium, magnesium, and biotin tabs and keratin shampoo, because my hair's been falling out... But it does help to know where your problem areas might be. Otherwise, just a general multi-vit might be okay?

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Usually when a diet is balanced you should get everything you need. Yet a lot of people remain vitamin D deficient, (like yours truly), and some meds can inhibit the uptake of vitamins from a food source, so... It might be an idea to get some bloodwork done and see if you're actually deficient in anything, rather than throwing something at it at random. Is there a reason why you're thinking vitamins now? Personally, I try and get enough vitamin D through ridiculous amounts of fatty fish, as the supplements give me migraines, but other than that I might throw in some vits and mins like a B-complex (Especially for B1, B6 and B12), zinc, selenium, magnesium, and biotin tabs and keratin shampoo, because my hair's been falling out... But it does help to know where your problem areas might be. Otherwise, just a general multi-vit might be okay?
Oh yes I forgot the biotin for my hair - I take that too

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I take a variety, but for other conditions not diabetes.

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I don’t use supplements I don’t believe in them.

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I take a daily high strength vitamin d. I swear this has made a big improvement in my overall health and wellbeing. I also take fish oil and turmeric. I'm not sure if they do any good but reckon they can't hurt.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What strength of biotin?
12000 units, and between getting my D back up to par and adding in a keratin shampoo, there seems to be some life coming back to the old follicles. Not cheering yet though, still early days. ;)

ElenaP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
12000 units, and between getting my D back up to par and adding in a keratin shampoo, there seems to be some life coming back to the old follicles. Not cheering yet though, still early days. ;)
Thank you, Jo. I shall get some.

• Friendly
Reactions: JoKalsbeek