waking up with stiff fingers for ages now . what could this be

head323

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
smoking
hi all please could anyone help me on this ...
For the pass while I been waking up every morning with stiff fingers and hands are sore to bend . nurse in clinic said this could be because my bloods are high . now I read up on this and it nothing to do with this it something like my nerves are going but I can feel everything and do everything takes a while for the stiffness to disappear but I can live a normal life with this.

just want to know if this could be my nerve ending goin or has it got to do with my sugars being high moist of the time I don't know I cant get any useful info frm the nurse I saw last time in clinic and I beginning to worry now . please if anyone out thereare expericeing this as well r has an advice of wat it might be please give ure opion here .

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I get it in my fingers sometimes, during the day but mostly in my toes at night. It is some sort of cramp. Drinking more water helped me a lot but, now that I stopped taking statins, I don't seem to get them anymore. Nothing to do with high bloods though, they're pretty good.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I used to have this, on and off for a couple of years. I would wake up and my hands would be straight, stiff and with a deep internal ache (sometimes quite mild), particularly across the knuckles at the base of the fingers. They ached worse in the cold.

It all disappeared when I gave up wheat and lowered my carbs drastically. I was never tested, but suspect it was diet triggered rheumatoid arthritis.

15 years later it has never come back.

Patrick Holford has written a book about it called Say No To Arthritis - might be worth a look.