waterworks

Dogbutler

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi all,

Was diagnosed as T2 in November 2012. Put on Metformin and until last Christmas was very lucky to have only a couple of diabetes related problems.

However, I've noticed over the last few months that when I wee I don't seem to empty my bladder properly. No incontinence thank Heavens, but I still have the sensation of a partially full bladder.

Also my water pressure (can't think of any other way to describe it!) is greatly reduced.

Is this symptomatic of bladder neuropathy do you think

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Hi there
Just a thought- could this be age related ? I ask only in that I had an ultrasound scan in March and it appears that I hang on to approx 30ml each time and this is age related.
If you're worried get it checked out.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
Hi,
It could be a symptom but could be a number of other things so i would go see your gp as there are tests to find out the cause

K

Kat100

It really could be anything,or just part of our bodies changing at different times....
Take medical,advise.....worth checking out.....

Bladder problems and diabetic problems can be so related as you know.....
A horrid problem to have though....wishing you luck with getting some help and making progress .....lots of muscles that get stuck in that dept :/

Reactions: 2 people

Dogbutler

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Thanks guys don't think it's age related (I'm 52), but I 'll check it out with my endo - GP currently blaming everything on the menopause I'm not having!

K

Kat100

Thanks guys don't think it's age related (I'm 52), but I 'll check it out with my endo - GP currently blaming everything on the menopause I'm not having!
I have the same problem as you .....but not all the time.....I think mine maybe muscle ....but not sure...I just think it's me now....it does not happen all the time ....x

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
@Dogbutler
The menopause is blamed for just about everything in women over about 40!
Similarly we diabetics tend to blame diabetes for lots of unconnected problems...perhaps you have a gynaecological problem, eg irritable bladder or an early prolapse which can present with the symptoms you describe. Hope you get it checked out soon. Good luck :)

Dogbutler

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Thanks again folks.

You may indeed be right Beachbag, I have been putting numerous niggles down to diabetes when I don't really know what the cause is. Will definitely check it out.

Just realised, I'm criticizing my GP for blaming everything on the menopause and I'm doing exactly the same, except diabetes is my ailment of choice!

Hanging head in shame now I'm faced with my own hypocrisy. :confused:

Reactions: 3 people