We love our four-legged friends

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oldvatr - Your comment is noted, but it really would be helpful where you have issues with posts if you would report them. Nobody is here full time, and on threads that can be faster moving Mods will not necessarily catch everything.

As Mods, we really appreciate your assistance with this; whether on your own thread, or those started by others.

Just for clarity, this post applies to everyone.
Sorted now, thank you

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
@donnellysdogs has she got the Newfoundland webbed feet?

Yes, she has!! But so far doesnt swim going out of her depth. Only deep paddles!
5ee13eafacc6b101a3e8ab1773a73bda.jpg

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We once watched a Newfoundland competition where they were "saving" people from a lake. It was totally remarkable. We felt great respect for those dogs and what they could do. There must have been 100 of them in total. We had our 2 previous boxers with us, who were so wimpish they wouldn't even paddle! Neither will Ness. She will walk yards out of her way to avoid a puddle, and as for the sea ... forget it!

Reactions: donnellysdogs

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Mine all love swimming and unfortunately have no fear of water at all. Any water, anywhere, any time! They never check to see if there is a way of getting out - just run full speed towards it then leap straight in. Mr C has, on many occasions, had to lay on his tummy half on a canal towpath and half hanging over the water to drag a dog or two out by the collar - then they just shake, turn round and dive straight back in again. :banghead:

We've had Labradors for many years and the generations all overlap so they have learned their love of swimming from each other. The only one who has shown any caution is our Labradoodle but he's grown out of that now and just jumps in with the others. :rolleyes:

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Aaaaw Ness is beautiful.

I had to look twice as looked quite like a panda bear!!

My Daisy just started her 1st season today!! Fun for next 3 weeks!

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My Daisy just started her 1st season today!! Fun for next 3 weeks!

Nightmare time! Especially if you have beige carpets. :arghh: You can buy doggie knickers for this purpose. We didn't use them but others I know said they work well. We had Ness spayed after that.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK. I tried. I really tried to resist the urge to subject you all to my cute doggy pics.
But I can't help myself.
Here you go:
image_zps0mzx8nul.jpeg

Bank%20Hol%20promenade%20023_zpsoswkfffi.jpg

image_zpsf8kzjgjd.jpeg

Bank%20Hol%20promenade%20018_zps9djcgnrh.jpg

They are Shih Tzus (in case anyone was wondering)

Blond is 4. He was born a runt and is approx half the weight of a normal male.
B&W is 3. She is indestructible. Climbs picnic tables, 5 foot high dry stone walls, and could out last a Jack Russell for endurance.

and this is just to prove her climbing abilities (that is Stoodley Pike in the background, above Hebden Bridge)
image_zpsmn1wjdc3.jpeg

She got up the wall by herself, but then needed a bit of help getting down.
image_zpshbas4k0f.jpeg

Last edited:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh no! They work perfectly for me. What about everyone else?

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The bottom two are okay but not the top four. :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Right. Will have another go. :)
Edited to add:
Done. Grabbed them from a different place this time.
Can you see them now?

Last edited:

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Yes, I can see them... They are so cute!

Reactions: Brunneria

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
OK. I tried. I really tried to resist the urge to subject you all to my cute doggy pics.
But I can't help myself.
Here you go:
image_zps0mzx8nul.jpeg

Bank%20Hol%20promenade%20023_zpsoswkfffi.jpg

image_zpsf8kzjgjd.jpeg

Bank%20Hol%20promenade%20018_zps9djcgnrh.jpg

They are Shih Tzus (in case anyone was wondering)

Blond is 4. He was born a runt and is approx half the weight of a normal male.
B&W is 3. She is indestructible. Climbs picnic tables, 5 foot high dry stone walls, and could out last a Jack Russell for endurance.

and this is just to prove her climbing abilities (that is Stoodley Pike in the background, above Hebden Bridge)
image_zpsmn1wjdc3.jpeg

She got up the wall by herself, but then needed a bit of help getting down.
image_zpshbas4k0f.jpeg

Total envy!!

Going to get Daisy spray tomorrow. To put dogs off.. hope it works.. although very well behaved she is very strong at 75lb if she wants to "play" with a dog.

Reactions: Brunneria

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
1465297_10202576680845342_363924750_n.jpg

here's my dog - Logan the greyhound. Unfortunately he leaves for Rainbow Bridge tomorrow

Reactions: heh

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
1465297_10202576680845342_363924750_n.jpg

here's my dog - Logan the greyhound. Unfortunately he leaves for Rainbow Bridge tomorrow

Aaaaaawww, Logan is so lovely. Give Logan a big hug from me... xxthinking of you both. Xx

Reactions: Bluetit1802

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Cheer up for all today..

Daisy is in season so currently has a long training lead on when we go out.

She for first time jumps at a chap today... he gives her a big cuddle. He has a little yorkie (his mums) and a spaniel off leashes..

We talk away... yorkie goes missing. He walks one way, I the other way calling for this Yorkie..

I come across chap with 5 spaniels and the yorkie is with him. He grabs the yorkie whilst I put a knot in end of long lead arounnd the harness that yorkie has on...

Walk back towards place I said we would meet up if we found Yorkie.

Daisy 75lb one end of lead and Yorkie (prob 7lb) the other end and me in the middle.

Daisy dog sees man in far distance and starts sprinting over to him. She is pulling so hard I think... "drop the lead".......

My dog Daisy ends up with a 7lb Yorkie bouncing on its bum and being rolled and rolled along (bit like a rag doll!). Daisy hurdles herself at this man again!!

He is absolutely laughing his socks off fortunately!! He gives Daisy this biigest hug (she is his height)... and thanks me for returning the Yorkie.. albeit on tow behind my Daisy dog!!

One day when I wasnt with my friend wjo wears a body cam.. it would have got £250 on "you've been framed. "

And Daisy dog too big fortunately for the Yorkie to mount her!

If you could have seen this man, my Daisy, the long lead, the yorkie and me also trying to catch up and the laughter after.. omg!! What an afternoon walk!!

Why Daisy who is really well behaved and doesnt jump decided to lunge twice at this man.. not got a clue..

One things for sure we'll either end up avoiding each other or walking companions when Daisy is out of her season!

So, funny but also a learning curve that Daisy dog is a heavy robust beautiful dog but can catch me totally off guard..

The Yorkie was fine!!