Weekly weigh in - Fridays

BigKit

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Not eating Maltesers.
16 stone 4 lbs this morning. According to my NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme app (or Lard Lovers as I call it) I've lost 4lbs since I started it on the 8th August.

Reactions: SlimLizzy

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good afternoon fellow scale crushers.
Today a +2lb 14st 9lb, not really a surprise.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello @BigKit and @alf_Josiah I’m not doing well today. Shocking headache and I forgot to weigh myself. I’ll weigh in the morning and get caught up with myself. Sorry
Well done @BigKit ! Brilliant! @alf_Josiah I will probably be joining you tomorrow. But at least we are trying. :)

CatrinJ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cheese and Tories,
132.6kg last night so a loss of 11.8kg in the 50 days since my diagnosis. Rate of loss is slower these days but still gradually downwards.

Reactions: valann

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had covid about a month ago and I lost a welcomed half of a stone and so far ... so good ... I have not put it back on :)

Reactions: SlimLizzy

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning - I weighed 147.5 last week and 148 lbs this week. I hoped I would have lost but not this week.
Everybody is doing really well. Excellent progress @valann , @CatrinJ and @Mrs T 123 yiu all are doing brilliantly!
I hope next week I’ll have made some progress. Have a good week:)

Reactions: CatrinJ

andre53

You don't need to ask andre53, just start posting. All are welcome here :)

Thank you valann!

This is my August...
Whats-App-Image-2022-08-21-at-14-21-59.jpg

Began my personal challenge this month with 140.6 kg (309.3 lb; 22.1 st) at 1.83m (6'00'') 54yo.
Even following my meal plan with 50% of fidelity, I could drop ~4kg. But I suspect the easy game ends this week.

Expected bodyweight for next Friday/26 (or Saturday or Sunday): ~134 kg (295.4 lb; 21.1 st).

Cheers

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@andre53 Hello! Looking at your weight loss diary you are doing brilliantly well! It’s good to have you join us :)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
17st 6lb this morning. That's nearly 2lb less than 4 weeks ago. Can it really be 4 weeks since I weighed myself and posted here? Anyway it was an unexpected loss. But as @Lobsang Tsultim has said - it's not much and can just be due to normal fluctuations. Still, it might be due to fluid loss since I have had my legs bandaged for the last 4 weeks to try to squeeze the fluid out of me.

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
16 stone 12 lbs Lost 5lbs in three weeks. 1/2 lbs this week.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hi people, am back after a few weeks. Too depressed by my fluctuating weight to post :). On the plus side I'm now on my second alcohol free month and my highs and lows are both creeping downwards.

76.7kg today a new low. Maybe I'll get to 75kg by Christmas....

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good Morening fellow scale crushers, a trifle late posting this week, but I shall erroneously blame the Reading pop festival.
Weight was down to 14st 8lb this week.
I try to post my blood sugars everyday in the general chat section as over the years I have come to think that weight and blood sugars are loosely linked also sometimes I enjoy the “banter” between a few of the regular posters.
Stay safe all.

Reactions: EllieM

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning and well done everyone!
I don’t seem to be doing well at all . I weighed this morning to 149lbs! Which is 1 lb higher than last week! Never mind I’ll just have to work harder at it!

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning and well done everyone!
I don’t seem to be doing well at all . I weighed this morning to 149lbs! Which is 1 lb higher than last week! Never mind I’ll just have to work harder at it!

If you don’t mind I’ve given you a winner because you posted, now very tongue in cheek if you do mind I don’t mind hehehehe
Serious bit, well nearly serious bit a weight gain or loss of 1lb is well within the tolerance band of most scales, the only thing most scales are good for is highlighting trends, in my opinion. Again well done for posting.

Reactions: EllieM

danziger

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hm, have gained a pound in the last couple of weeks — was ill and had a few more carbs than usual and way too many protein bars, so need to get back on track. The challenge is thinking up new meals so I don’t get bored, without eating too much veg or cheese!

Reactions: alf_Josiah