emmaloxise

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I find it really difficult to lose weight. I am 10 stone 13 (not sure if this is overweight or not?) But I have been this weight for years and I struggle to lose weight and I find exercising very tiring though I want to be more active, I just struggle to find the motivation to do so.

Reactions: Freema

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
What has prompted you wanting to lose weight? Better insulin control or is your control good?
I don't know if your overweight either. Google bmi and see what pops up? You may need to input your height too.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
If that is you in the avatar, you look to be in the normal range. You have another post saying your sugars run high all the time, is this linked to weight worries?

emmaloxise

Type of diabetes
Type 1
If that is you in the avatar, you look to be in the normal range. You have another post saying your sugars run high all the time, is this linked to weight worries?
No I dont think my weight is linked to my sugars, Im basing this post purely off the way I think I look. Im a really picky eater and find it difficult to eat healthy as well.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Fair enough. I am always weighed at my dibetesappointments and they give me a BMI value. Does that happen for you? If not, check online as @ickihun says.

Reactions: ickihun and Freema

Mark_1

We all have limited motivation which shouldn't be used up with diet and exercise. Plan your weeks food ahead and have a shopping list for what you need. If your going out for food try to choose it in advance. Treat exercise like any other appointment. Set a time and a place and just try to do it without thinking about it too much. Maybe join a class so you feel like it's an appointment you need to attend, go with a friend. Planning makes it easier.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'd get my bgs good or better then I'd enjoy my exercise more, with energy. That's just a personal preference as I'm wobbly on my legs and feet.
We are all different.

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Hello @emmaloxise

I am a bit the other way round to @ickihun - if my sugars are running high, I need to get out there, even if it's just for a walk.

Perhaps there is a fun way you could exercise? I go dancing (or at least I am playing in the band) with my local morris. I have just put a post on my new blog on this site. I find that if I do enough exercise/activity my blood sugars are much better and I don't have to watch every single tiny thing I eat. I also feel a bit more lively and less tired. A bit like you I am a picky eater and can quite easily go off my food and eat rubbish to compensate. Mind you, I have got way way heavier than you and have spent the last couple of years in the process of losing the excess. At 10 13 I don't think you have much to worry about on the weight front.

P