Weightloss Surgery

ChrisCross

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Type 2 Diabetic and weighing 625lb I was in big trouble....my daughter had died and I was on self destruct!!!....My body was shutting down and I was close to death....I managed to contact a Bariatric Surgeon who came to see me...he quickly told me that if he didn't operate on me very quickly I would die....I had a Gastric Bypass on 30/3/2011 and have lost 446lb....it certainly has not been an easy option and I have to work at it every single day......

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Karen.G.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry to hear about your daughter.

Well done on your weight loss - definitely not an easy option and thankfully it has worked for you.

I bet your diabetes has improved as well.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The husband of a friend of mine in America made a similar decision, and has had similarly hard work but rewarding results.

CONGRATULATIONS

If your experience is similar to his, it took tremendous courage.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Wow, such an achievement. Did you keep some old clothes so you can look back at them?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow! Well done and congratulations. You must feel so much better. I hope you can keep it up.

Mazzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Chris and welcome to the forum, it must have been a very difficult and brave decision to make having a gastric bypass, but wow what a weight loss that is tremendous, you must feel very proud of yourself for making such and effort to turn your life round. I am so sorry that you lost your daughter, it is such a tradegy to lose a child no matter how old they are and my thoughts go out to you, I am sure if she knew what you have done, she would also be very very proud of you.

Good luck and carry on with the good work.

Marilyn x

Reactions: 2 people