What’s happened to the forum?

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Why assume that older uses have issues using technology?
I don’t.
I suggested older members of the forum (those who have been members for longer rather than any of any specific age) may be more used to the original forum format. Nothing to do with age or issues with technology.

Reactions: Krystyna23040

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don’t.
I suggested older members of the forum (those who have been members for longer rather than any of any specific age) may be more used to the original forum format. Nothing to do with age or issues with technology.
Been here over 13 years and been through many changes to the forum, almost all of them for the good. I’m not opposed to change in any way if it works, this one is by far the worst and a nightmare. it’s obvious that the majority of users are in agreement. It would have been nice if Admin had given members a bit of a heads up as to what was about to happen rather than just springing it on us

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@MrsA2 Thanks, that does switch it to being able to distinguish the posts better. But it also switches it to blue and the text is paler and not as easy to read. I also don't like the dark setting. Makes me feel like it's night time on my iphone at bedtime. Either way..... seems to not be my preference. But thanks for the help and information!

Because the thing I like the least... when I reply to a post, I have to scroll to the bottom to type. So before in response to someone, I could keep their post in view while typing a response. I could scroll up and down to respond to several easier. I would suppose I could have two windows open when needed. But before I didn't have to? I could also I guess hit reply to their post or portion of their post, so it duplicates on my post. That will probably be the easiest. But it feels like that crowds the posts more sometimes, especially if it was a longer post. I really Iiked being able to review previous posts when typing.

And I really liked the labels of type of diabetes under names.You didn't have to if you didn't want to. But it sure makes a difference on replying with help.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been here over 13 years and been through many changes to the forum, almost all of them for the good. I’m not opposed to change in any way if it works, this one is by far the worst and a nightmare. it’s obvious that the majority of users are in agreement. It would have been nice if Admin had given members a bit of a heads up as to what was about to happen rather than just springing it on us
<<< agree button >>> Oldvatr

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don’t.
The old forum format made sense. I am never going to use the LOVE button Thats kinky, Its Tik Tok, Its kitch. Its useless! Bring back the Informative and Useful buttons please. And the Agree one for the rare occasions where I might agree.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
But before I didn't have to? I could also I guess hit reply to their post or portion of their post, so it duplicates on my post
So easy to do on this version as well, just highlight the bit you want to quote and select reply.

This works on Android devices,

The UI X Dark looks great on my Chrome browser on my Samsung phone and tablets as well.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
just highlight the bit you want to quote and select reply.
Now on my iPad, it’s truly responsive. On the previous Design Webpages it was more Hit ‘n Miss, but now it’s everything I’d expect of a Modern Website.

Thanks WebTeam! :cool:

Reactions: In Response