What a difference a day makes

Postitnote

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
At the moment... artex ceilings. Also the concrete patio.
Yesterday I was feeling overwhelmed. I cannot do this for 40 weeks. I am exhausted by hypos. I am terrified to eat the "wrong" food in case I spike. I should just give up. It's not worth the sacrifices and the stress and the constantly streaming worst case scenarios in my mind.

Today, at 6 weeks, I saw a fluttering heart. There is nothing more motivating than the love for the life growing inside me.

Reactions: 17 people
C

catherinecherub

Glad you are feeling better today @Postitnote.
Yes, it is a great motivator knowing that a little person is growing inside you.
Take care.

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It is hard @Postitnote I'm nearly 27 weeks and finding things very difficult, not so much diabetes related but pregnancy sickness has been horrendous for me but as you say seeing a little heartbeat and then seeing your baby grow at each scan and then feeling them kick is the most amazing feeling and does help :) take care X

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Postitnote stay strong, we all have bad days. I'm only 10 weeks diagnosed but know what you mean. Everyone here has dark days - but everyone has 'stuff', be it diabetes, cancer, depression - We all have to learn to deal with it. Just know there are lots of people here offering support, we are all in your boat, and all in it together.

wannabemammy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
As a type 1 trying to get my hba1c down so I get the go ahead to conceive, I often wonder, if I find it this hard to get to the magic number (it's currently 7.8%) how would I cope if and when I eventually do become pregnant? Your post has just given me the reassurance I needed! Keep us updated on how things are going!