What Carbs Are Best?

Luca2016

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Hi I need some advice about the best carbs to eat.
I am desperately trying not to lose anymore weight I am currently 56kg and am 155 cm. my bin is 23.2 but I feel too thin and am getting comments from people who can't seem to mind their own business
I can get away with about 20-30g carbs per meal especially in the middle of the day.
I have been eating things like biscuits, chocolate to try to put on weight while also keeping bsls under 7.7 at 1 hour.
I know this approach is dumb but don't know what else to do.
would I be better off eating things like bread and pizza and crackers that doesn't have fructose in it and more fruit maybe?

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I think what may help is not upping the carbs but upping the fat and protein, especially the fat. Dairy is a good way of doing that. Cheeses have a lot of fat and protein and heavy cream or whipped cream is just yummy. If you are a coffee drinker, look up bullet proof coffee, that might work for you. Also look up fat bombs which are very tasty and pack huge calories into a small package that can be sweet or savory, whichever you prefer.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Biscuits don't bring any nutrition to the table. A better carb choice, in my opinion, would be nuts. Lots of calories, fat and protein.

Reactions: 2 people

Luca2016

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I think what may help is not upping the carbs but upping the fat and protein, especially the fat. Dairy is a good way of doing that. Cheeses have a lot of fat and protein and heavy cream or whipped cream is just yummy. If you are a coffee drinker, look up bullet proof coffee, that might work for you. Also look up fat bombs which are very tasty and pack huge calories into a small package that can be sweet or savory, whichever you prefer.
thanks for that I just got back from the supermarket where I bought some nuts and cheese and cream and also some low carb bread so I'll have a go at fattening up with that stuff