What did you do for exercise yesterday?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Re exercise, we walked the dogs a couple of miles, with a cuppa half way through, and will do the same tomorrow.

I also did a few kettle bell swings before breakfast, but... guess wot... now my sacro-illiac joint is playing up, so that was a bad move.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A 10 minute walk to the post box, and back. Half an hour pushing the vacuum cleaner. That was all I could manage yeasterday.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Sadly I've had to give up my twice weekly aqua aerobics since injuring my back in June. Have just received my appointment letter for an MRI scan of my spine next week. Not looking forward to the experience but hopefully it will lead to me finally getting some pain relief. I did manage my voluntary work yesterday at the local luncheon club which involved cleaning 10 large trestle tables etc. and a walk around the local shopping centre afterwards but have been in agony ever since. :arghh: Am missing my country walks in the fresh air too. :( Luckily I'm retired so --a day of rest for me today!:D Have a good day folks and don't do too much! :)

JoeT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
15mins brisk walk (1.5km) early morning
25mins brisk walk (2km) mid afternoon
10mins brisk walk (1km) early evening
60-100 push ups
1 hour moderate exercise of helping out with a training session without getting too involved.,

18,5000 steps

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
Ran to the fridge for some cheese, sat down, got up and ran to the fridge for some celery, sat down, then ran to the fridge for some cold ham. Then housework : )

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't I know it!
My sympathies - it's a b***er. Good excuse though not to do the hoovering again for a while, @Brunneria! I've had it for weeks, and the pain travels round to the front. Weird. Dr Google has exercises which work and then summat triggers it off again. Grrrr.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My sympathies - it's a b***er. Good excuse though not to do the hoovering again for a while, @Brunneria! I've had it for weeks, and the pain travels round to the front. Weird. Dr Google has exercises which work and then summat triggers it off again. Grrrr.

Yeah. Mine richochets up the spine and gives me a left stiff neck to balance the right s-i pain. Hoovering is a ****** isn't it? We bought one of those handheld rechargeable things which helps a lot.
But the thing that has made the biggest difference of all is my new computer chair. It lets me tilt the seat forward slightly, so that my hips are a little higher than my knees. Wonderful after several years of nearly constant pain.

All I can say is don't give up! Keep trying different things until you find what triggers yours.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Bike ride olus 20 minutes with kettlebell then deadmilling on a treadmill (good if there is a powercut)

Reactions: therower
D

Deleted Account

I was thinking I didn't do any exercise yesterday because I didn't get on my bike, didn't go to the gym, didn't visit the climbing wall, ... but then I noticed I walked 10,000 steps just going about my business ... and was carrying a laptop all the time.
And some of it was running when I realised I was about to miss my train home.

I guess exercise is what you make it - some have said above they *only* did the housework or walked around a shopping centre but it all adds up.

Reactions: DJC3

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeah. Mine richochets up the spine and gives me a left stiff neck to balance the right s-i pain. Hoovering is a ****** isn't it? We bought one of those handheld rechargeable things which helps a lot.
But the thing that has made the biggest difference of all is my new computer chair. It lets me tilt the seat forward slightly, so that my hips are a little higher than my knees. Wonderful after several years of nearly constant pain.

All I can say is don't give up! Keep trying different things until you find what triggers yours.
Thanks @Brunneria. I'm glad that you have found a chair that helps - I think my bargain basement chair is certainly adding to the problem so your tip is timely - and especially after your years of pain. Interesting to read that the handheld hoover has helped too. I need to raid the piggybank!

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was thinking I didn't do any exercise yesterday because I didn't get on my bike, didn't go to the gym, didn't visit the climbing wall, ... but then I noticed I walked 10,000 steps just going about my business ... and was carrying a laptop all the time.
And some of it was running when I realised I was about to miss my train home.

I guess exercise is what you make it - some have said above they *only* did the housework or walked around a shopping centre but it all adds up.
Exactly. My mother's wonderful GP told her that walking round the supermarket, walking to friends, to the postbox etc, never mind the housework, all count as exercise. There is an assumption that exercise must consist of something obvious, e.g. going to the gym, but that is not the case. I think the critical thing is regular movement of any kind (if one is able to), even if it's only a few minutes, especially if people have sedentary jobs; even getting up from the desk and walking about for one minute helps.

Reactions: DJC3

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Re exercise, we walked the dogs a couple of miles, with a cuppa half way through, and will do the same tomorrow.

I also did a few kettle bell swings before breakfast, but... guess wot... now my sacro-illiac joint is playing up, so that was a bad move.
I can symathise with that I took a little tumble in the bath the other day slipped while in the bath and that is the area that took the brunt of it since weight loss no padding.

Worst of it as I slipped my foot came up under the hot water tap which was running.

The sacrum area has quite been painful since.

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Went to get blood testts done,went to the bank, went shopping - 10000+ steps in the bag, easy peasy

Last edited:

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Did a 22 mile bike ride, would like to have done more but with the low (5C) temperature my fingers were losing sensation. Hope to get another few miles tomorrow before the forecast very low temperatures hit us.
Just a lean, mean, septuagenarian, cycling machine trying to keep fit.

Reactions: DJC3 and Diakat

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
45 minute brisk walk to brunch followed by movie, then 75 minute brisk walk through the park on the return journey.

D

Deleted member 308541

Rain stopped play again yesterday, and it does not look real good for today either.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
I always think it is the bg fluctuations that cause the nightmares. If I do ever wake up from a bad dream my Libre sensor tells me that my bg dropped BEFORE either the nightmare or the physical sweating, gasping and heart pounding.

Mine seem to be the result of other medications for transplant patients, no where near as bad these days, but there are occasionally patches of them that can get intense sometimes. I seem to live this amazing, wild life at times while I'm asleep. And it can be disappointing to wake up sometimes. :)

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Plasterboarded a ceiling, including up and down step ladders 50 or so times, then ran some central heating pipes around the house. Walked, at some pace, from the pub car park to the bar where I had a couple of glasses of Merlot before a roast pork dinner. Walked, unaided, upstairs to bed having had a 3-hour nap in the arm chair.

Reactions: DJC3 and phdiabetic